There are a variety of accidents and incidents that can result in serious personal injury, yet nothing is as devastating or as traumatic paralysis. Therefore, individuals who have paralysis due to an accident or another incident through no fault of their own are often eligible to receive compensation from the at-fault party.
No matter how your paralysis was sustained, if it could have been prevented but wasn’t, get an experienced Boca Raton paralysis injury attorney on your side. Reach out to the Eltringham Law Group. We offer comprehensive and caring personal injury legal services to individuals in Florida.
How an Injury Can Lead to Paralysis
According to Mayo Clinic, paralysis is often the result of damage to the spinal cord or its surrounding nerves. When damage is severe enough, it can block the impulses traveling from the brain and often cause permanent changes in sensation, motor ability, and strength.
If you experienced paralysis, it might have occurred due to injuries sustained from:
- A car accident: Paralysis caused by a car accident typically occurs when a spinal cord nerve is severely damaged. When vehicles collide moving at high speeds, the impact can be enough to cause spinal damage and paralysis.
- A boating accident: A boat accident can be especially traumatic if the boat operator is negligent by hitting the wake or waves at unsafe angles or failing to watch for other watercraft.
- A workplace accident: A workplace accident in places including factories and warehouses can involve motorized equipment and vehicles, posing a significant safety hazard and danger of paralysis.
- A sporting event injury: Playing any sport can lead to injury, but certain activities like diving, skiing, and football come with increased risk for paralysis-causing head, neck, or back damage.
- A slip and fall accident: A slip and fall accident can occur when someone loses their footing. This is especially true when falling from heights or downstairs. They could land on a hard surface and sustain damage to their spine or neck.
- Medical malpractice: When a doctor commits medical malpractice, the results can be life-changing. For example, if a surgeon works close to someone’s spine, one small slip may result in permanent damage and paralysis.
For a free legal consultation with a paralysis injury lawyer serving Boca Raton, call 561-944-6742
What to Do If You’ve Suffered a Paralysis Injury
Severe spinal cord injury can cause paraplegia (paralysis from the waist down) or quadriplegia (paralysis from the neck or chest down). In either case, the physical, emotional, and financial consequences of your injuries can be staggering.
Ensure You Have Adequate Medical Care
You may feel overwhelmed in the aftermath of your accident, especially when dealing with a life-altering injury like paralysis. The most important task is to get the medical attention you need right away, which could include acute trauma care and long-term therapy or rehab.
Make Necessary Adaptations to Your Home and Vehicles
Adaptations could be necessary to your Boca Raton home or vehicle to accommodate your physical limitations and retain your independence. For example, individuals with paraplegia can often still drive using a car outfitted with hand controls rather than foot pedals.
If someone else’s carelessness or recklessness caused your paralysis, you should also reach out to a personal injury attorney to explore your legal options as soon as possible.
Boca Raton Paralysis Injury Lawyer Near Me 561-944-6742
Getting You the Spinal Cord Injury Compensation You Deserve
Our personal injury lawyers have nearly 60 years of experience. We know how to build a solid case to get you the compensation you deserve when your injury results in paralysis.
If you’ve received a spinal cord injury, you can seek compensation for the following:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Therapy services (physical, occupational, psychological, and vocational)
- Long-term care and nursing
- Loss of wages and earning capacity
- Loss of quality and enjoyment of life
- Cost for home improvements and other accommodations
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
Our Boca Raton paralysis injury lawyers can determine the severity of your circumstances and calculate your damages to reflect a fair and accurate value on your compensation.
Click to contact our Boca Raton Lawyers today
What to Expect When You Hire Eltringham Law Group
If you or a loved one was injured, it’s crucial to find an injury attorney experienced in handling cases involving the long-lasting consequences of paralysis.
Here is what you can expect to happen when you hire the Boca Raton paralysis injury attorneys at Eltringham Law Group to represent you following a paralysis injury:
- Our consultations are free: Spend time asking questions and speaking directly with a compassionate and knowledgeable attorney regarding the expected outcome of your claim and about your rights.
- We thoroughly investigate your case: We will be in contact with hospitals, doctors, nurses, insurance companies, police, attorneys, eyewitnesses, and anyone that may help with your claim settlement. We’ll investigate your paralysis accident thoroughly and construct a case where you’ll more likely be awarded compensation to additional parties.
- The focus is on you: As you recover from your injuries and deal with the anxiety and stress that often accompanies paralysis injuries, we encourage you to focus on your needs. Leave your case details in our hands, and our expert attorneys will fight for your rights and help get you the compensation that is legally yours.
- Our fees are contingency-based: Our fees are contingent on the success of your lawsuit. So, we’ll work extra hard on your case because we don’t get paid until you get paid.
We offer free consultations during which we will discuss the details of your case and will advise you on the best way to move forward.
We’re Committed to Your Health and Well-Being
Our Boca Raton law group prioritizes your health and well-being. We work as your advocate to ensure that you are financially covered for the services you will need over the long term; we make sure you are compensated for your pain and suffering.
We’re Conveniently Located
Our personal injury firm is conveniently located in Boca Raton, serving the needs of people living with paralysis in Broward and Palm Beach counties. This includes Boynton Beach, Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Delray Beach, and throughout the state of Florida.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Hire a Paralysis Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton Today
Attorney David Eltringham built his law practice on the belief that good health is the most crucial asset we have. That’s why he’s made it his firm’s central mission to assist his clients in recovering from their injuries. He feels they should attain the best outcome medically while his firm’s lawyers go after the justice and compensation they deserve.
Contact us to learn more about how our personal injury attorneys help if you’ve been paralyzed. Or, to schedule a free consultation with a paralysis injury lawyer in Boca Raton and discuss your case in more detail, call the Eltringham Law Group at (561) 338-0420.
Common Legal Questions About Paralysis Injury
What Is Paralysis?
Paralysis is the loss of strength and control over a muscle, or muscle group, in a part of your body. It can affect any part of your body at any time in your life.
It results from damaged nerve cells that are unable to deliver the signals for your muscles to move.
Who Can Be Held Responsible for My Paralysis?
If you have been paralyzed in an accident that may be the fault of a negligent third party, you should speak to one of our attorneys.
Paralysis can often result from injuries sustained in a car accident or trauma from a fall, but there may be others involved with your injuries. You can speak to our attorneys at no cost to evaluate whether you can file a legal claim.
How Long Do I Have to Make a Claim for My Paralysis?
Typically, in the state of Florida, you could have up to two years to make a legal claim. Still, every case is unique, and it could be less. Regardless, it is crucial to act fast.
If another person’s negligence caused your paralysis, it might be complicated to prove. That’s why you should speak directly to one of our personal injury attorneys with experience working on these cases. Again, there is no cost for us to review your case.