WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE IN A SCUBA DIVING ACCIDENT
With so many opportunities to scuba dive in the waters surrounding the state of Florida, it’s no surprise that scuba diving accidents are more common here than in most other states throughout the U.S. In fact, hundreds of scuba accidents occur each year in Florida alone, often with catastrophic outcomes. There are many things that can go wrong during a dive. If negligence, recklessness or equipment failure is to blame for scuba injury or death, you may be entitled to compensation.
David Eltringham, legal innovator at the Eltringham Law Group in Boca Raton, is an avid scuba diver and all too familiar with the risks involved. Offering legal representation to scuba accident victims throughout the entire state of Florida, David and his exceptional legal team have the experience and knowledge to help clients obtain the compensation they deserve when injury or death occurs due to a scuba diving accident.
Whether you are involved in a recreational, professional or commercial diving accident, it’s important to have an experienced scuba diving accident attorney on your side who you can trust.
Scuba Diving Accident Lawsuit Cases
Scuba divers typically have to rely on others for their safety. When something goes wrong, compensation can and should be sought to cover current and future medical costs, pain and suffering, loss of wages and punitive damages.
Some of the most common causes for scuba diving injury and death include:
- Boat operator negligence, including run overs, drive offs or faulty vessel operation
- Dive buddy negligence
- Rescuer negligence
- Improper training
- Inadequate supervision
- Dive operator failure to follow U.S. Coast Guard regulations or proper safety protocol in order to cut costs
- Faulty or poorly maintained equipment
- Out-of-air emergencies
- Issues caused by improper decompression, bends, rapid descents/ascents, nitrogen narcosis
- Dangerous weather or surf conditions
For a free legal consultation with a scuba diving accident attorney lawyer serving Boca Raton, call 561-338-0420
With years of experience handling personal injury cases in Florida, including scuba diving negligence, the Eltringham Law Group can answer all of your questions and address your concerns. We offer free consultations during which we will discuss your case and can provide you with the information, support and advice you need to move forward.
What to Expect Following Your Scuba Diving Accident
When you choose the Eltringham Law Group to represent you following a scuba diving accident involving personal injury, property damage or death, here is what you can expect to happen:
- We offer free consultations so you can get all your questions answered and can spend time talking directly with an experienced attorney about your rights and expected outcomes.
- Leave all the work to us. We will be in contact with doctors, hospitals, witnesses, insurance providers, police, attorneys and anyone else necessary to settle your claim. We will thoroughly investigate your accident and will build a solid case so that you are more likely to be awarded additional compensation from insurance companies or other parties.
- You focus on you. Whether you are still recovering from injuries or are simply dealing with the stress and anxiety that is common following scuba diving accidents, now is the time to focus on your own needs while you leave the details of your case in the hands of experienced attorneys that will get the job done right.
- We work on a contingent fee basis. This means that you don’t need to lay out any money up front in order to have our injury attorneys work on your case. We don’t get paid unless we recover a financial settlement or jury award for you.
Common Questions About Scuba Diving Accidents
If I have been injured in a scuba diving accident, what should I do?
Who is responsible for my scuba accident?
Do I have any recourse if I signed a waiver before scuba diving?
Are scuba diving accidents impacted by maritime law?
How can I prove negligence in a scuba diving accident?
Will insurance cover my medical expenses, loss of work or other losses?
How do I find a personal injury lawyer who is experienced with scuba diving accident cases?
What are some of the common causes for scuba diving accidents?
What type of attorney do I need for a scuba diving accident?
Can I sue a diving company and/or manufacturer for injuries/death related to a scuba diving accident?
If you or a loved one has been involved in a scuba diving accident, you may have many questions that need to be answered. Among them are:
You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers. Call the Eltringham Law Group today at 561-231-6308 for these and any other personal injury questions you may have.