Boynton Beach sees its share of visitors each year and relies on a tourist economy. Unfortunately, while visitors travel the city’s downtown bars and shops on foot, they risk becoming injured by traffic on unfamiliar roadways.
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident in Boynton Beach – whether you were a tourist here or this is your home – an experienced Boynton Beach pedestrian accident lawyer from Eltringham Law Group can help you understand the process of seeking compensation for your injuries.
Causes of Boynton Beach Pedestrian Accidents That You Can Sue for
In addition to accidents resulting from both pedestrians and drivers who are unfamiliar with the roadways, other common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Drivers who are speeding, as this makes it difficult for pedestrians to judge a safe gap in traffic in which to cross in a marked or unmarked intersection.
- Distracted drivers, who can fail to see a pedestrian in a crosswalk.
- Alcohol-impaired drivers who fail to see or recognize the need to stop for a pedestrian.
- The failure of city or county maintenance workers to ensure that intersections are clearly visible and free of obstructed views from vegetation.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Boynton Beach, call 561-338-0420
Common Injuries Associated with Pedestrian Accidents that You Can Include in Your Claim
Pedestrians have no protection from the impact of a vehicle against their bodies. Because of this, they often incur catastrophic injuries from the accident, such as traumatic brain injuries or spinal cord injuries. Both of these types of injuries are highly likely to result in permanent disabilities and are considered catastrophic because the associated disabilities generally result in a reduced income potential or the inability to earn an income.
Other types of injuries commonly sustained in Boynton Beach pedestrian accidents include:
- Internal injuries, particularly when the accident involves a larger passenger vehicle such as an SUV where the point of impact between the bumper and body is in the chest or abdominal area
- Bone fractures, including lower extremity fractures as a result of impact with a smaller-sized vehicle to the hips or legs, as well as fractures to the arms and wrists due to the human instinct to catch oneself with outstretched arms when falling
- Deep cuts and lacerations that can result in scarring and carry of risk of dangerous infections
- Facial and head injuries resulting from contact with the vehicle’s windshield, the roadway, or other objects
- Road rash, which is a skin abrasion resulting from contact with a rough surface, such as a roadway
Boynton Beach Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 561-338-0420
Seeking Compensation with the Help of a Boynton Beach Pedestrian Accident Attorney
If you were injured in a Boynton Beach pedestrian accident, you can seek compensation through a personal injury lawsuit, which is a legal claim filed in civil court. The purpose of this claim is to show who was legally responsible (liable) for the accident that caused your injury, as well as to show the expenses and impacts that you have incurred as a result of the accident.
Click to contact our Boynton Beach Lawyers today
A Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Boynton Beach Can Help You Prove Liability for the Accident
Many pedestrian accidents are the result of a negligent driver. In order to show that your accident was due to someone else’s negligence, you must be able to show:
- The driver had a duty to take reasonable actions in order to protect the safety of others, including obeying all traffic laws.
- There was a breach in the duty of care when the driver chose to take an action that was contrary to protecting others’ safety.
- This breach caused a Boynton Beach pedestrian accident in which you incurred injuries that carry financial and emotional costs.
It should be noted that there can be other sources of liability in pedestrian accidents, including the manufacturers of auto parts on a vehicle that could have malfunctioned and factored in the accident, as well as other users of the roadway, or maintenance crews tasked with ensuring that intersections are not obstructed by vegetation that can prevent roadway users from seeing each other.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Type of Compensation You Can Receive After a Boynton Beach Pedestrian Accident
Individuals who have been injured in a Boynton Beach pedestrian accident can generally seek the recovery of economic and non-economic damages. Most often, the source of this compensation is the auto liability policy of the at-fault party. Recovering damages is a legal term that refers to the process of seeking compensation for your injury.
Examples of Economic Damages
Economic damages refer to a type of compensation you can seek for the out-of-pocket expenses you incurred as a result of your Boynton Beach pedestrian accident. The type of expenses you can claim include:
- Medical expenses
- Wage loss
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage you sustained as a result of the accident
Examples of Non-Economic Damages
The term non-economic damages refers to the compensation you can receive for the psychological impacts you have incurred as a result of your pedestrian accident. Examples of the types of impacts you can claim include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of the enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium, which is compensation received on behalf of your spouse for the loss of physical intimacy and companionship that often accompanies serious injuries
How an Attorney Can Assist You with Your Boynton Beach Pedestrian Accident Claim
An experienced Boynton Beach pedestrian accident lawyer brings experience to your claim, including experience with the legal process, experience with valuing claims involving pedestrian injuries, negotiating settlements, gathering evidence and witness testimony, and collecting settlements or awards. Additionally, an attorney can provide the guidance you need to make informed decisions about your case.
Find Out How the Eltringham Law Group Can Assist You with Your Boynton Beach Pedestrian Accident Claim
Because the need for legal counsel when seeking compensation for pedestrian accident injuries is so important, we are happy to answer questions you have about the process and your case for free and with no obligation. Let the Eltringham Law Group explore your legal options with you and tell you more about how our legal team is able to help you with your claim. For your free case evaluation, contact us online.