If you have been injured or a loved one has been killed as a result of a motorcycle accident in Delray Beach that is not your fault, you need an experienced legal team to represent your interests and get you the compensation you deserve. The Eltringham Law Group will stand with you and help you through this difficult situation.
Who Is Responsible for a Delray Beach Motorcycle Accident?
A common cause of motorcycle accidents is negligence. Motorcycle riders have the same responsibilities and protections by law that drivers of cars and trucks have. If a driver is negligent, reckless, or irresponsible, regardless if he is driving a motorcycle or other type of vehicle, and causes injury or death to others, that driver is responsible for any damages.
Florida’s law does not require motorcycle drivers or riders to wear helmets. Although there has been some controversy as to the effectiveness of wearing helmets, most studies show that fatal accidents with helmeted cyclists versus non-helmeted are split down the middle. It does not matter if you were not wearing a helmet, and you were involved in a motorcycle accident that was not your fault. If another driver caused the accident, he is responsible.
Sometimes motorcyclists get a bad reputation for being reckless, driving over the speed limit, and generally being inconsiderate and unsafe. Actually, according to data published by the University of South Florida’s Center for Urban Transportation, 60% of motorcycle crashes that were more than a single-vehicle crash, were caused by the other driver.
Types of Driver Negligence You Can Sue for
Some examples of driver negligence would be:
- Not checking their blind spot before changing lanes.
- Not yielding the right of way to a motorcycle at an on-ramp or intersection.
- Inattention caused by cell phone use or some other form of distracted driving.
- Speeding, reckless driving, or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
There are also sometimes some environmental causes for motorcycle injuries which could include roads under construction or wet roads caused by inclement weather. The use of police reports, witness statements, and even cell phone videos can be essential in determining fault. An experienced attorney can help gather this information and work to get you compensated for your damages.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Delray Beach, call 561-944-6742
What Types of Compensation Am I Entitled to?
With the help of a Delray Beach motorcycle accident lawyer, you will be able to determine the compensation that you deserve. Each accident and each case has its own set of circumstances, but generally you should expect to be compensated for:
- Medical bills, as well as future and past medical bills related to your accident. Include prescription, travel, doctor visits, surgeries, and hospitalization charges.
- Lost wages and lost earning capacity.
- Funeral expenses if the accident resulted in death.
- Property damages.
- Cost of rehabilitation and transportation to rehab clinics or facilities.
- Nursing home or at-home health care services.
- Auxiliary medical devices.
- Pain and suffering.
- Additional child care expenses incurred if you are unable to care for your family.
- Loss of limb or disfigurement.
- Mental anguish.
- Loss of consortium.
- Any additional out-of-pocket expenses related to your accident.
Delray Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 561-944-6742
Delray Beach Motorcycle Accidents Must Be Filed in a Timely Manner
You have a limited amount of time to file your claim, and when dealing with catastrophic injuries or the death of a loved one, time goes by quickly. Also, witness statements become increasingly vague with time, and it is more difficult to get information as your case ages. In Florida, motorcycle injury accident claims, as well as automobile injury accident claims, must be filed within four years of the accident.
Hiring a Delray Beach motorcycle accident attorney will not only get your claim filed in a timely manner but will also help you gather evidence and complete all the documentation required for your claim.
Click to contact our Delray Beach Lawyers today
How Can a Motorcycle Attorney in Delray Beach Help Your Case?
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, and someone else was responsible, don’t try to fight your case alone. The Delray Beach motorcycle attorneys at Eltringham Law Group have the expertise to guide you, protect you, and give you the opportunity to deal with your recovery.
Your attorney can help by:
- Evaluating your claim in a fair and timely manner
- Gathering evidence through police reports and witness statements
- Research prior driving records of the at-fault driver
- Check for problems with road conditions or unsafe intersections
- Hire expert witnesses on your behalf if needed
- Handle any negotiations as needed
- Work with insurance companies for a fair settlement if possible
- Pursue a trial if negotiations for a fair settlement are unsuccessful
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Delray Beach Motorcycle Attorney Today
Before you accept an offer from an insurance company, always consult an attorney first. Insurance companies do not have your best interests at heart, but the attorneys at Eltringham Law Group do. Insurance carriers will offer less than the compensation that you deserve to protect themselves and their client.
Our staff of Delray Beach motorcycle attorneys is dedicated to getting you the top dollar during this painful and challenging time. While you concentrate on your recovery, we will work to win fair compensation for your case. Schedule a free case review and pay nothing until we settle your case.