Vicious dogs can hurt people of all ages. Dog attacks often result in physical and emotional trauma, which can have long lasting effects. Dog bites should never be taken lightly. The center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that over 4.5 million people are victims of dog bites each year. Nearly one in every five victims requires medical attention. Several thousands of dog bite sufferers have reconstructive surgeries due to their extensive injuries. Sadly, children are often the most susceptible to very serious and, sometimes, even fatal encounters with dog attacks. Yet, what can be done to protect them?
There are several safety measures one can take to avoid a dog attack:
Dog Types Most Likely to Bite or Attack:
- Pit Bull
- German Shepherd
- Siberian Huskie
- Alaskan Malamute
- Doberman Pinscher
- Chow Chows
- Presa Canario
- Saint Bernard
- Great Dane
- Mixed Breeds
- Wolf-dog Hybrid
- Take note of dogs in your area. Be wary of all dogs you don’t know, especially if they seem vicious, standoffish, or unfriendly
- Always be careful when around an unfamiliar dog. Even small, cute, and cuddly dogs can cause very serious injuries with their bite.
- Although most dogs are curious by nature, certain behaviors like harsh barking or rushing towards a person are obvious acts of aggression.
- It is essential to keep a good distance between an unknown dog and yourself. Never approach a dog if the owner does not give consent first.
- Allowing a dog to and smell your scent is a good way for the dog to become familiar with you. Always show your hands with palms down, which serves to relieve aggression.
- Avoid eye contact. Staring dogs in their eyes is perceived as a confrontational challenge.
For a free legal consultation, call 561-338-0420
We specialize in handling cases involving personal injuries due to animal bites . We will help you to understand your rights particular to your situation. An injury attorney can help you obtain the compensation you deserve for damages including:
- medical and clinic bills
- pain and suffering
- shame and humiliation
- mental distress
- loss of consortium claims
- impending medical bills
As a premiere injury attorney in Boca Raton , David Eltringham will fight for your rights and get the compensation you deserve! For a free consultation please visit www.eltlawnew.staging.wpengine.com .