Even the best of drivers can’t predict the behaviors of other drivers on the road and, tragically, car accidents happen. Indeed, car accidents are a leading cause of death and injury nationwide and, in Florida, there are hundreds of thousands of crashes–and thousands of fatalities from car crashes–reported each year.
If you are in a car accident, you may not know whether or not you need an attorney, or when it’s best to call an attorney. At Eltringham Law Group, we believe that calling an attorney after a car accident is always within your best interests. Here’s what you need to know:
When to Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident–Call As Soon As You Can
Don’t be fooled into thinking that you don’t need a car accident attorney after a crash–no matter how minor a car accident, loss still happens. Even minor injuries can be painful, temporarily disabling, and costly. The question isn’t “Should I call a car accident attorney?”; it’s a matter of when to call a car accident attorney. The answer: as soon as possible.
After a car crash, one of the first things that you should do is to reach out to an experienced Boca Raton car accident attorney. Timing can have a big impact on the outcome of your case.
For a free legal consultation, call 561-944-6742
Why When You Call an Attorney Matters
Waiting too long to call a car accident attorney could have a negative impact on your case. While working with an attorney is always beneficial–and you should never hesitate to call an attorney, even if a lot of time has passed since your accident–top reasons to take action sooner include:
- Your attorney will be able to advise you of your rights, options, and steps to take next, including how to speak to an insurance adjuster, what to do if your claim is denied, and more.
- Your attorney will be able to start collecting evidence immediately. The more evidence that you can use to prove the fault of another party, the degree of your damages, etc., the stronger your case will be.
- Your attorney can represent you in conversations with the insurance company early on, letting the insurance adjuster know that you mean business.
- Your attorney will make sure that, should your case end up in litigation, you’re well within the state’s statute of limitations for bringing forth a lawsuit.
- Your attorney will be able to talk to eyewitnesses while the memories of the car accident and what they saw are fresh in their minds.
In addition to the above matters, all of which are time-sensitive, your attorney will also represent you in settlement negotiations and help you to secure a settlement that fairly compensates you.
Schedule Your Free Car Accident Consultation Today
We know that being in a car accident is overwhelming, and you may be confused about what steps to take next. One of the best things that you can do is make a call to an experienced car accident attorney. This should be one of the first moves you make. At Eltringham Law Group, we offer free consultations. We can handle your case virtually or meet you in a safe environment, etc. We always work on a contingency fee basis. When you call us, we can begin working on your case immediately. With an office in Boca Raton, we handle car accident claims throughout the region, including in Palm Beach County, Martin County, Miami Dade County, and Broward County.