What to Do if You’ve Suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury
Accidents and other incidents, whether intended or unintended, can result in devastating injuries. However, there are few injuries that can compare to a traumatic brain or head injury. Millions of Americans sustain traumatic brain injuries annually; the majority of these victims will require lifelong assistance as a result of their injuries. Individuals with traumatic brain injuries often require long-term care, with injuries resulting in a wide range of physical, mental and emotional disabilities.
The personal injury attorneys at the Eltringham Law Group in Boca Raton are experienced and knowledgeable about traumatic brain injury claims. More importantly, we’re compassionate to your situation. You can trust our law team with the unique intricacies involved in these types of cases. We recognize the challenges you face and are here to guide you through each step of the way.
If you or a loved one has been impacted by a traumatic brain injury resulting from an accident, intentional action or other unfortunate incident, you may be entitled to compensation. First and foremost, we focus on your health or the health of your loved one, as well as any services you need. Then we fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today!
Traumatic Head and Brain Injury Compensation:
Victims of traumatic brain injuries, head injuries and other types of head and brain trauma may be entitled to compensation covering:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Long-term care
- Therapy (physical, occupational, psychological and/or vocational)
- Loss of wages
- Loss of quality and enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
- Other expenses and punitive damages
What to Expect Following a Traumatic Head Injury
When you choose the Eltringham Law Group to represent you following a traumatic brain injury, here is what you can expect to happen:
- We offer free consultations so you can get all your questions answered and can spend time talking directly with an experienced attorney about your rights and expected outcomes.
- Leave all the work to us. We will be in contact with doctors, hospitals, witnesses, insurance providers, police, attorneys and anyone else necessary to settle your claim. We will thoroughly investigate your injury and will build a solid case so that you are more likely to be awarded additional compensation from insurance companies or other parties.
- You focus on you. Whether you are still recovering, or dealing with the stress and anxiety that is common following injury accidents, now is the time to focus on your own needs while you leave the details of your case in the hands of experienced attorneys that will get the job done right.
- We work on a contingent fee basis. This means that you don’t need to lay out any money up front in order to have our injury attorneys work on your case. We don’t get paid unless we recover a financial settlement or jury award for you.
Common Legal Questions About Traumatic Brain Injuries
What is Traumatic Brain Injury or TBI?
What are the most common causes of a Traumatic Brain Injury?
- Motor vehicle/traffic crashes
- Sports injuries
- Blast or explosions
What are the signs and symptoms of mild TBI or concussion?
The severity of a traumatic brain injury can differ from mild to severe, which will also determine the signs and sympoms. No symptom is necessarily a definite cause of a TBI, but is surely a cause for medical attention to rule out and prevent any long term damage.
Some of the most common signs and symptoms of a traumatic brain injury, including a concussion include:
- Concentration problems
- Memory loss
- Inability to sleep
- Trouble with balance
- Ringing in your ears
- Doubled or blurred vision