If you or your loved one has been involved in a car accident and you require legal assistance, reach out to our experienced Boca Raton car accident lawyers and head-on collision lawyers today.
While head-on collisions may not be as rampant as other vehicular crashes in Boca Raton, they are among the most severe.
According to the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles in Florida, front-to-front impacts caused 302 fatalities in 2021, the second highest for road accidents. In addition, upwards of 831 victims suffered incapacitating injuries that year.
The experience is usually tough for those involved in head-on collisions. Besides bearing physical pain and emotional trauma, victims must struggle with a substantial financial burden.
You don’t have to suffer twice, especially if someone else’s negligence caused your injuries. A reputable Boca Raton car accident lawyer at Eltringham Law Group can help you fight for your deserved compensation to ease the burden after a head-on collision.
What Are the Common Causes of Head-On Car Accidents?
Front-to-front accidents vary in circumstances and severity, but several factors stand out as the leading contributors. A majority of head-on collisions in Boca Raton result from the following causes:
- Distracted driving: Motorists who drive while texting, reaching for stuff, or talking to passengers can overlook vital road signs or drift into oncoming lanes accidentally.
- Driving under the influence: Poor coordination, compromised spatial awareness, and poor judgment skills can cause an impaired driver to enter the wrong lane.
- Wrong-way driving: Numerous fatal head-on collisions result from drivers using the wrong lane on one-way streets, using exit ramps to enter a highway, or heading into opposite traffic.
- Aggressive or reckless driving: Recklessness, like unsafe passing maneuvers or running red lights, is more likely to swerve into advancing traffic.
- Poor road conditions: Blind curves, slick road surfaces, and potholes can cause motorists to lose control and veer into oncoming vehicles.
- Defective vehicle components: Negligent manufacturing or poor vehicle maintenance can cause critical component failure, causing a driver to lose control.
All these situations could cause accidents with life-threatening injuries, as you will find out in the next section.
The Risk of Injury and Death in Head-On Crashes
A front-to-front accident can cause some of the worst implications imaginable, and lifelong or fatal injuries frequently occur at higher speeds. In addition, vehicles striking each other in the front can multiply the force of the impact.
Furthermore, the sudden speed loss can be too high for the body to handle. The resultant injuries may have different severity levels, ranging from simple, treatable harms to more severe, life-threatening injuries to fatalities.
Victims of a head-on collision are likely to suffer the following injuries:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Internal injuries
- Broken bones
All these injuries could lead to significant financial implications, from the cost of healthcare to lost income to missed opportunities. You must hold the liable party to account so that they can take care of the expenses they caused through their negligence.
Legal Remedies for A Head-On Collision Claim
Typically, remedies in the form of compensation are awarded to head-on crash victims. Of course, no amount of cash can erase the full impact of the crash, but reparation can get you the medical care you need and ease your recovery.
So, how much is a head-on collision worth?
State or federal laws set no standard amount. Generally, compensation for a car accident comprises compensatory and in rare cases, punitive damages.
This refers to the reparation awarded to head-on collision accident victims to cater for their injuries, property damage, or any other loss.
Compensatory damages are further classified into these two categories:
- Economic damages: This compensation category comprises objectively verifiable financial impacts like the past and future cost of treatment, lost income or future earning capacity, property damage, or the cost of vital recovery aids or home modifications.
- Non-economic damages: This is compensation for all subjective, non-financial harms and impacts like pain, scarring, emotional distress, disability, inconvenience, loss of consortium, or loss of enjoyment of life.
Punitive damages refer to court-issued compensation to punish liable parties for accidents caused by intentional or gross misconduct.
To receive compensation for your damages, you must prove that you incurred the respective losses in the head-on collision crash and that the defendant directly caused the situation. You must also have sufficient evidence to quantify the exact amount in the judge’s or jury’s eyes.
It’s difficult to put together all of these, especially now that you’re also preoccupied with recovery. Our experienced head-on collision attorneys in Boca Raton will aim to come through for you here and in every other aspect of your case.
The Value of Reputable Head-On Collision Lawyers
The law provides opportunities to seek compensation for your injuries without involving legal counsel. However, you’ll encounter many hurdles when you file a car accident claim without the guidance of a lawyer.
First, the at-fault party will likely deny responsibility, and you’ll bear the burden of proof. You’ll also deal with aggressive insurance adjusters who are always out to downplay the extent of the damages, deny the claim, or even argue that you’re partially liable.
Your physical and mental state may not allow you to fight all these battles. An experienced accident lawyer can relieve you of all these and fight for your interests. Our attorneys in Boca Raton will help you in the following ways:
- Offering complimentary consultations: An attorney will review your head-on collision claim to understand the specifics of your case. This is a free, no-obligation evaluation.
- Calculating damages: Your legal counsel will determine the full impact of the head-on crash in line with the state’s no-fault insurance policies.
- Determine and prove fault: A car accident lawyer will gather sufficient evidence and data to establish that your case comprises the four aspects of personal injury: duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages.
- Filing the claim on time: Florida requires plaintiffs to file auto accident claims within four years after the accident. Our attorney will begin the pursuit of compensation as soon as possible.
You have every reason to involve a reputable head-on collision lawyer in your case. So don’t wait until it’s too late to contact one.
Contact Eltringham Law Group in Boca Raton To Speak With Head-On Collision Lawyers
You need a reputable Boca Raton head-on collision attorney to handle your case, and our injury lawyers at Eltringham Law Group understand your situation and are ready to fight for you.
We offer a free case evaluation to accident victims. Contact us online to begin pursuing the compensation you’re owed.
Car Accident Case FAQs
Can I file a personal injury claim without an attorney?
Yes, you can file the claim yourself. But doing this will expose you to numerous hurdles, limiting your chances of getting what you deserve.
How will an attorney help my case?
A head-on collision lawyer will protect your rights, gather sufficient evidence, prove fault and damages, negotiate with insurers, or even take your case to court if it doesn’t settle. Your interests are their primary objective.