The Boca Raton rear-end car accident lawyers of Eltringham Law Group want you to receive justice when you’re hit from behind by another driver. Contact us to review your case and start today.
You may receive compensation for a rear-end car accident. We are professional car accident lawyers in Boca Raton who assist victims to receive every penny that they deserve. To see how we can help you call or message us now.
Lawyers for Rear-End Accidents in Boca Raton
We represent victims who are hurt in rear-end car accidents in Boca Raton. We can assist whatever your situation, including:
- Drivers and passengers
- Adults and children
- Car, truck, bus occupants, motorcyclists
- Driving for personal or business reasons
- Moderate, severe, and catastrophic injuries
- Out-of-state or uninsured drivers
- Florida residents and visitors
Injuries that are especially serious, permanent, or disfiguring fall outside the Florida no-fault system. That means victims may qualify to claim pain & suffering damages in addition to economic damages like medical expenses & loss of income/earning capacity. As your Boca Raton car accident lawyers, we look at all ways for you to receive the compensation you deserve under Florida law.
Causes of Rear-End Car Accidents
A rear-end accident occurs when the front end of one vehicle strikes the back of another vehicle. Common causes of rear-end car accidents are:
- Following too closely
- Distracted driving, whether texting, eating, or other inattention
- Poor driving skills, failing to brake appropriately
- Mechanical failure, poor brakes
- Brake lights that are not working
- Lane changes, cutting off the vehicle behind
- Stopping a vehicle in the roadway, impeding traffic
- Accident avoidance maneuvers
- Drunk driving, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Weather, roadway surface conditions, environmental light
- Intentional harm, insurance fraud
Even though there may be external factors, most rear-end accidents result from negligence. Drivers are expected to adjust their driving behavior to road conditions, including the presence of traffic.
Our lawyers can investigate the causes of the accident to ensure that all contributing factors are identified. Then, we evaluate fault and your right to compensation.
Who is at fault for a rear-end accident?
Usually, but not always, the person driving the vehicle in the back is at fault for a rear-end accident. Most rear-end accidents are the result of the vehicle in the back following too closely or failing to brake when necessary.
However, there are situations where the driver of the vehicle in back may not be at fault. Some situations may have comparative negligence, where there are multiple contributing factors. For example, a vehicle is expected to have working brake lights. The driver behind may not recognize that the vehicle in front is stopping if their lights do not work. In that case liability (legal fault & responsibility) may be put on the front driver rather than the driver who rear ended that driver.
Our lawyers can evaluate your case. We review the different types of fault and how they may apply in your situation.
Florida rear-end accident laws
Florida statutes § 316.0895 prohibits following too closely. A driver may not follow another vehicle more closely than is reasonable and prudent. They must take traffic and highway conditions into account.
Florida law § 627.737 allows victims to bring a claim in tort when they have qualifying threshold injuries in an accident, including a rear-end car accident. A victim may claim damages, including economic losses, pain, suffering, anguish, and inconvenience.
The impact of rear-end accidents in Boca Raton
Thousands of car accidents occur in Boca Raton each year. Rear-end accidents cause significant financial and personal loss for victims and families. In addition, they cost the entire community in medical care costs, economic harm, and personal suffering of community members.
Boca Raton is home to approximately 100,000 residents. Many more people live in the greater area. Boca Raton is home to Florida Atlantic University, with over 29,000 students.
Highways and thoroughfares include U.S. Highway 1, U.S. Highway 441 (State Road 7), Interstate 95, and the Florida Turnpike. Other major roads are W Carmino Real, S Ocean Blvd, Yamato, Palmetto Park, Military Trail, Jog, Powerline, and Glades.
How Our Experienced Lawyers Can Help
Here are some ways that our lawyers can serve you if you’re in a rear-end car accident:
- Preserving evidence and taking care of things that need to happen right now
- Investigating the causes of the accident while building evidence to prove fault
- Understanding Florida car accident laws and the right of victims to compensation
- Pursuing insurance claims, negotiating with insurance companies
- Knowing how to value your claim to ensure you don’t settle for too little
- Addressing legal issues that are unique to your case
- Filing legal documents and pursuing your case through legal procedures
- Attending court hearings on your behalf, representing you at trial, if necessary
Each case is different, so there isn’t one way that every case unfolds. We will customize a plan that is right for your situation.
Start Your Rear-End Accident Case
For a free consultation and to start your case today, call our Boca Raton rear-end car accident lawyers now. Learn how Eltringham Law Group can represent you without fee unless you win your case.
Call or message us today.