Motorcycle accidents are known to cause devastating injuries and damages. If you’ve been in a motorcycle wreck, our Boca Raton motorcycle accident lawyers are ready to help you file your claim. Never pay for any of your damages out of pocket.
The Eltringham Law Group has the skills, resources, and legal knowledge necessary to help you get the maximum amount of compensation after your motorcycle accident. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us today for a free consultation.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
Florida motorcycle insurance coverage does not include medical payments coverage known as Personal Injury Protection (PIP), which is an insurance requirement for those driving four-wheel vehicles in Florida.
Additionally, PIP coverage isn’t available to motorcyclists even if they did want to purchase it. This means that you are immediately responsible for paying your medical bills for injuries sustained in a motorcycle crash.
Therefore, it is crucial for motorcyclists injured in an accident in Florida, no matter the extent of their injuries, to seek the counsel of an experienced motorcycle accident attorney to recover damages from the at-fault party.
Unfortunately, injured motorcyclists and their passengers can run into numerous complications when seeking compensation for their injuries or other damages arising from an accident. This is mainly because motorcyclists don’t have to carry PIP insurance. Thus, an accident resulting in injury or loss of work can result in financial hardship.
Fortunately, the experienced Boca Raton motorcycle accident lawyers at the Eltringham Law Group can help you get the compensation you deserve if you got injured in an accident through no fault of your own.
Does It Matter How My Motorcycle Accident in Boca Raton Happened?
Ultimately, as long as your motorcycle accident in Boca Raton was due to the negligence of another party, the cause of your accident, you can file a claim. Many types of negligence warrant a motorcycle accident lawsuit:
- Driver negligence, including a failure to recognize motorcyclists or to yield, cutting off motorcyclists, driving too close, or swerving in front of them
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence (DUI)/drunk driving
- Reckless conduct
- Vehicle defects
- Roadway hazards
The only time the reason behind your accident is essential is when you need to determine who exactly was at fault. Outside of that, as long as negligence is involved, we can help you pursue financial compensation.
Motorcycle Accidents Are Extremely Dangerous
Motorcycle accidents result in a high percentage of critical injuries and even death. Injuries may include:
- Head and traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Joint injuries
- Broken bones
- Loss of limbs
- Organ damage
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Permanent disability
- Wrongful death
Motorcyclists have little to no protection from a car that weighs several tons. Therefore, getting hit by any moving vehicle can lead to the above injuries. These injuries can then lead you to sustain heavy damages that can cause immense financial strain.
As part of your motorcycle accident lawsuit, you can hold the at-fault party liable for initial medical expenses associated with the injury in addition to future medical expenses. You may also be eligible for recovery of lost wages or loss of earning capacity, as well as compensatory damages for pain and suffering, mental anguish, and other available legal damages.
The Federal Reserve’s recent study in 2019 regarding the economic well-being of U.S. households showed that most Americans can’t even afford an emergency expense of just $400. Motorcycle injuries can cost you a lot more than $400.
You don’t have to put yourself into debt trying to pay your damages. Don’t let the insurance company get away with paying you less than you deserve.
What to Expect When Hiring One of Our Boca Raton Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
When you choose one of our motorcycle accident lawyers in Boca Raton to represent you following a motorcycle accident that results in personal injury, here is what you can expect to happen:
- We offer free consultations so that you can get all your questions answered and can spend time talking directly with an experienced attorney about your rights and expected outcomes.
- Leave all the work to us. We will contact doctors, hospitals, witnesses, insurance providers, police, attorneys, and anyone else necessary to settle your claim. We will thoroughly investigate your accident and build a solid case so that you are more likely to be awarded additional compensation from insurance companies or other parties.
- You focus on yourself. Whether you are still recovering from injuries or are simply dealing with the stress and anxiety common following motorcycle accidents, now is the time to focus on your own needs. At the same time, you leave the details of your case in the hands of experienced attorneys that will get the job done right.
- We work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you don’t need to lay out any money upfront to have our injury attorneys work on your case. We don’t get paid unless we recover a financial settlement or jury award for you.
We know how to handle insurance companies. Unfortunately, more often than not, they’ll try to trick you into settling for way less than what your damages actually are. Our goal is to ensure that your best interests get represented at all times and that you get a fair settlement that covers all your damages appropriately.
Statute of Limitations in Florida
There is a general statute of limitations of four years for motorcycle accidents in Florida. Still, you should get in touch with a lawyer to file your claim as soon as possible. There may be other factors that drastically shorten the amount of time you actually have.
Don’t wait until the end to file your claim. Always be proactive and take the steps necessary to ensure you have the best chances of winning a settlement.
Schedule an Appointment With Our Boca Raton Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Today
The Eltringham Law Firm has motorcycle accident lawyers in Boca Raton ready to represent you and fight hard for your settlement. Remember, there’s no risk when you reach out to us for a free consultation. You can contact us 24/7 online or over the phone to schedule an appointment today.