An injury is the last thing you need when you’re on vacation. Getting hurt can land you in the emergency room, spoil your trip, and cause you to go home early.
Unfortunately, many types of injuries can occur while staying at a vacation rental property as some owners tend to skimp on regular maintenance & repair costs. You may even get injured at a vacation home you booked through reputable companies like Airbnb or Vrbo since taking care of the vacation home is left up to the individual owner.
Lawyers for Vacation Home Accident Victims
Property owners may be financially responsible for the cost of medical treatment, missed time from work, as well as other legal damages that you may be entitled to recover as a matter of Florida law.
The Eltringham Law Group will provide you with a Boca Raton vacation rental injury lawyer that can help you win your case. Read on to find out what we have to offer.
What Types of Accidents Can Occur in a Boca Raton Vacation Home?
Several situations can cause you to become injured at a vacation home. These include:
- Slip and falls due to lose stairs, broken walkways, or guardrails
- A failure in lighting causing a slip and fall or an electrical injury
- An injury due to a break-in occurring from nonfunctional locks or missing security measures
- Faulty appliances
- Slip and falls on the property
- Swimming pool accidents and drownings
- Injuries due to water leaks and flooding
- injuries due to toxic fumes, chemicals, or mold exposure
- Injuries caused by improper care of an elevator or escalator
Vacation Home Owners Owe Renters a Duty of Care
A property owner in Boca Raton must provide reasonable care and maintenance of the property to keep it safe. They must inspect the property and correct any unsafe conditions or provide renters and visitors with a warning about them. They may even be responsible for injuries if they didn’t address the hazardous situation quickly enough.
The hazard exists because the property owner created or maintained it. There are three factors that must be present for the property owner to be considered liable for a vacation rental accident. These are as follows:
- Ownership of the vacation rental property
- The condition was likely to cause serious bodily harm or death
- The landowner failed to warn the visitor of the condition or risk that was present
How a Boca Raton Vacation Rental Injury Lawyer Can Help You Win Your Case
You deserve compensation if you are injured at a Boca Raton vacation home due to the property owner’s negligence. Eltringham Law Group will ensure you are covered for your damages.
Eltringham Law Group has years of experience specializing in personal injury law. We are known for our high level of customer service and winning results. We don’t see a dime unless we help you win your case.
Call Eltringham Law Group to get the compensation and peace of mind you deserve.