If you have been involved in a Deerfield Beach motor vehicle accident, your whole life can change in an instant. Not only can you be left with extensive injuries and debilitating pain, but the astronomical medical expenses that result can impact your whole family.
However, if this crash was due to another person’s wrongful, reckless, or intentional actions, you should not be left to deal with these horrifying consequences on your own. Instead, you deserve justice and compensation for the harm you sustained. Fortunately, with an experienced car accident attorney in Deerfield Beach, you will not have to fight for this financial recovery on your own.
How Do You Know If You Have a Valid Legal Claim Following a Deerfield Beach Car Accident?
Unfortunately, if you have been injured in a car accident in Deerfield Beach, it does not mean you will automatically be able to pursue legal action. In truth, numerous factors can affect your ability to bring a legal claim following a car crash, including:
- The extent of your injuries following the car accident
- Whether another person was responsible for your car crash and injuries
- Whether there is insurance money available after the accident
- Whether you still have time to file a legal claim in Deerfield Beach
Consequently, the best way to determine if you can fight for the compensation you need after a car crash is to reach out to an experienced Deerfield Beach car accident attorney as soon as possible and have these lawyers review your accident and figure out whether you have a valid legal case.
Determining Fault After a Deerfield Beach Car Crash
Although car accidents can result from a number of reasons, including intentional or reckless actions, they typically result from negligence. Negligence is defined as conduct that falls below the standard of care generally expected of a reasonable person and harms another individual.
Yet, before you can claim that another person’s negligence caused your car crash, you typically have to prove the following elements of negligence:
- The liable party owed you a duty of care.
- The liable party breached this duty of care.
- This breach caused the victim to suffer losses and injuries.
- The injuries resulted in extensive monetary damages.
Thankfully, with a knowledgeable Deerfield Beach car accident lawyer, you will not have to prove these negligence elements on your own. Rather, these attorneys can investigate your accident, determine what happened, and collect the evidence needed to prove that another individual was negligent and responsible for your accident.
What Types of Damages Can You Pursue After a Deerfield Beach Car Accident?
If you have been injured in a Deerfield Beach car accident, you may be entitled to certain types of compensation. Generally, this compensation includes the following economic and non-economic damages:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses related to doctor visits, hospital stay, surgeries, prescription medications, and assistive medical devices
- Lost wages and lost earning capacity
- Replacement services
- Property damages
- At-home nursing care
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of consortium
- Reputation loss
How Much Money Can You Get After a Deerfield Beach Car Accident?
Although an experienced car accident attorney can help you figure out what types of damages you can pursue after a car accident, these lawyers cannot promise you that you will receive a certain amount of money for your losses and injuries. This is because there are just too many factors that can impact the value of your claim, such as:
- The extent and severity of your injuries
- The ability to work after the accident
- The extent of your pain and suffering
- The need for future medical care
- The defendant’s culpability
- The credibility of the witnesses and evidence presented
- The ability to live life as you did before the accident
Thankfully, when you work with an experienced Deerfield Beach car accident attorney, these lawyers can make sure to review each of these factors, figure out how they impact your claim, and prepare the strongest arguments in response to them. Ultimately, helping you fight for every last dollar your accident has cost you.
How Can a Car Accident Lawyer in Deerfield Beach Help You Following Your Collision?
If you want to bring a legal claim following a car accident in Deerfield Beach and collect compensation for the harm you sustained, you need to be able to provide relevant evidence and strong legal arguments proving your case. However, following this devastating crash, this is likely the last thing you want to worry about.
For these reasons, following a motor vehicle accident, you should reach out to a skilled Deerfield Beach car accident attorney as soon as you can. Once you hire these lawyers, they can:
- Go over the facts of the car crash in detail, determine if you have a valid legal claim, and figure out the legal options you have.
- Investigate the car accident thoroughly and gather the necessary evidence to prove what happened and who was at fault for the car collision.
- Answer all the questions and concerns you have regarding your legal case and provide you with the legal assistance you require during this difficult time in your life.
- Prepare the appropriate legal motions and ensure they are filed before time runs out.
- Handle all the negotiations with the other side and fight for a just settlement offer.
- Head to trial if the other side is unwilling to negotiate fairly and pursue maximum damages.
Contact Eltringham Law Group Today and Get the Legal Help You Need
If you or a loved one have been injured in a Deerfield Beach car crash, do not take on this challenging legal battle on your own. Instead, contact Eltringham Law Group today for a free case consultation and let our skilled legal professionals show you how we can fight for your rights and the justice you deserve.