Visitors and residents in Deerfield Beach choose to use rideshare vehicles for a variety of reasons, from utilizing an easy mode of transportation when they do not have their own vehicle in town to decreasing the risk of an accident when inebriated, exhausted, or simply unable to drive safely for some reason. However, rideshare drivers may spend long hours on the road with little oversight, which raises the risk that those drivers will cause a serious accident.
Did you suffer injuries in a Deerfield Beach ridesharing accident? An attorney can help give you a better idea of how to pursue compensation for your injuries.
Who Bears Liability for a Deerfield Beach Ridesharing Accident?
Investigating a Deerfield Beach ridesharing accident is much like investigating any other type of accident. The liable party is, most often, the driver that caused the accident. If the driver of another vehicle caused your ridesharing accident injuries, you will need to start by pursuing compensation through that driver’s insurance company. If the rideshare driver caused the accident, you should pursue compensation through the rideshare insurance policy.
Don’t Face the Insurance Company Without a Deerfield Beach Ridesharing Accident Attorney By Your Side
Following a rideshare accident, you may encounter several key differences in dealing with the insurance company. First, both Uber and Lyft–the major rideshare companies in Deerfield Beach–offer substantial insurance policies that protect their drivers when the drivers have an active ride or have headed out to pick up a passenger. They also have insurance that covers them while waiting to pick up a ride, but before they have actively accepted a passenger. That insurance, however, does not provide as much coverage.
Those insurance policies, while they offer considerable compensation for the victims of serious ridesharing accidents, may prove more difficult to collect on than the average insurance policy, since those companies may fight aggressively to reduce the compensation you can recover as much as possible. Big insurance policies may also mean that insurance companies utilize a variety of tactics to reduce how much they have to pay out, including:
- Pressuring you to accept a low settlement
- Trying to downplay the severity of the injuries
- Attempting to prove that the other driver’s actions led to the accident
Working with an attorney can make it easier to navigate potential challenges in dealing with the insurance company after a rideshare accident. You may also need an attorney to carefully go over the case and determine whether any outside factors contributed to or caused your Deerfield Beach ridesharing accident. For example, if your accident occurred due to a mechanical failure, your attorney may need to investigate whether the manufacturer of the vehicle shares liability for the accident.
What Compensation Can You Recover After a Deerfield Beach Ridesharing Accident?
Compensation matters after a ridesharing accident. The more severe your injuries, the more compensation you may need to seek for those injuries, and the greater the financial challenges you may face in the aftermath of the accident.
Each rideshare accident claim looks a little different. A ridesharing accident attorney in Deerfield Beach can help go over the conditions that led to your accident and the financial losses you have faced and give you a better idea of how much compensation you might recover, but cannot guarantee the compensation you should expect for your rideshare accident injuries.
In general, however, a rideshare accident claim should include compensation for:
- Any medical bills you faced as a result of Deerfield Beach rideshare accident injuries.
- Wages lost due to your inability to work following your accident. Even minor injuries could cause you to miss several days of work, which could result in lost income for those days.
- Pain and suffering related to the accident. Pain and suffering is subjective and often varies based on the individual, the conditions that led to the accident, and a variety of other factors.
How Can a Deerfield Beach Rideshare Accident Lawyer Help After You Build Your Case?
Recovering compensation after a Deerfield Beach rideshare accident can prove difficult. Rideshare companies often have the experience and legal team needed to aggressively fight against paying out the compensation victims may deserve for their injuries.
An attorney, however, can help create a more effective claim that will increase your odds of recovering the compensation you deserve.
- An attorney can investigate the rideshare accident, including any additional factors that may have contributed to the accident, and clearly establish liability. The evidence provided by an attorney may make it considerably easier to establish liability and fight for the compensation you deserve.
- An attorney can make sure you understand your rights, including how much compensation you really deserve. Frequently, insurance companies, including rideshare insurance companies, will try to minimize the compensation they have to pay you, and an attorney can help prevent you from missing out.
- An attorney can negotiate on your behalf, which may reduce the stress you face in dealing with a rideshare accident claim.
Many Deerfield Beach rideshare accident victims find that working with an experienced rideshare accident attorney goes a long way toward increasing the compensation they can recover for their injuries. Without an attorney, you may find yourself overwhelmed by the insurance company’s pressure tactics or struggling to recover the compensation you really deserve.
Do You Need a Rideshare Accident Lawyer in Deerfield Beach?
If you have suffered injuries in a Deerfield Beach rideshare accident, you need an attorney on your side who will help break down the compensation you deserve, investigate the accident, and provide you with comprehensive legal support throughout your entire rideshare accident claim.
Do not try to handle your claim on your own! Call Eltringham Law Group today to learn more about your rights after a rideshare accident.