Copyright Ⓒ 2021 ELG. All Rights Reserved.Site By:
We Represent Auto Accident Victims in Jupiter, FL
At Eltringham Law Group, our Jupiter car accident attorneys are skilled and results-focused advocates for victims and their families. You need compensation to pay your bills and support your loved ones. We know how to hold negligent drivers, large corporations, and big insurance companies accountable. If you or someone you care about was injured in a collision in Jupiter, we are more than ready to help. To set up a no-cost, no-obligation initial consultation with a top-rated car accident lawyer, please call us today.
What to Do After a Traffic Accident in Jupiter, Florida
No one is ever fully prepared for a car accident. Crashes tend to happen when we least expect them. At the same time, knowing what to do after a collision can save you an enormous amount of stress and headaches. Here are five critically important steps that you should take after a car accident in South Florida:
- Stop your vehicle, render aid, and seek immediate emergency medical attention;
- Call the police and make sure that the collision is reported;
- Document the accident—taking photographs and securing all relevant information;
- See a doctor for any non-emergency injuries; and
- Consult with a Jupiter car accident attorney before speaking to an insurance adjuster.
An Overview of Florida’s Car Accident Laws and Regulations
Florida has some unique car accident regulations. If you were injured in a crash, it is crucial that you know your rights and responsibilities under the law. Here are three of the most important things you need to know about Florida’s car accident regulations:
- 1. Florida has a No-Fault Law for Minor/Moderate Collisions: Florida is one of a minority of “no fault” car accident states. Motorists in Florida are required to purchase Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance. After a minor or moderate collision, your first option for recovery will likely be through your own PIP policy. That being said, you retain the right to step outside of Florida’s no-fault system and file a lawsuit directly against a negligent defendant if you suffered a serious injury in a crash.
- 2. There is a Strict Deadline to Bring a Claim: You must initiate any legal claim before the deadline expires. In Florida, car accident injury lawsuits are subject to a four-year statute of limitations. However, you may have less time to initiate a claim through your own Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage. For this and other reasons, you should always act quickly after an accident. A Jupiter, FL car accident attorney will help you get started with the claims process.
- 3. Comparative Negligence for Fault-Based Auto Accident Claims: In Florida, fault-based auto accident injury claims are handled under the state’s comparative negligence statute. Negligence is the failure to exercise due care. Each party to a crash will be legally responsible for their proportional “share” of the damages. As an example, a defendant found liable for 75 percent of your accident can be held liable for 75 percent of your damages. Often, large insurance companies try to defend car accident claims by pinning fault on the victim.
Every auto accident requires an in-depth investigation. You can be sure that the insurance company will waste little to no time in investigating the crash and building a defense. With a full account of the evidence, you will be in the best position to protect yourself, get justice, and maximize your financial support. At Eltringham Law Group, our Jupiter personal injury attorneys have deep experience representing victims of car accidents in Palm Beach County. We will help you navigate the legal claims process.
What Compensation Can You Recover in an Auto Accident Injury Claim?
In Florida, you can claim compensation for both economic and intangible losses. You have a right to be made ‘whole’ after an accident—meaning your car accident settlement or car accident verdict should be equal to the value of your damages. Sadly, navigating the car accident injury claims process is rarely so straightforward. Many people struggle to get the money they need.
Most car accident injury claims are handled by large insurance carriers. These companies fight to pay out the lowest amount possible. At Eltringham Law Group, our Jupiter car accident attorneys know how to level the playing field. We will work tirelessly to help you recover every dollar that you rightfully deserve. You may be eligible to recover financial compensation for:
- Automobile repairs and replacement;
- Ambulance fees and emergency room treatment;
- Medical bills and related expenses;
- Physical therapy and mental health treatment;
- Loss of current and future income;
- Pain and suffering;
- Mental anguish;
- Scarring or disfiguring injuries;
- Permanent disability or impairment; and
- Wrongful death of a loved one.
You Can Trust the Jupiter Car Accident Attorneys at Eltringham Law Group
Following a car crash, it is normal to be overwhelmed, confused, and left with questions about what to do next. Unfortunately, you cannot rely on an insurance company (even your own insurer) for guidance with the legal claims process. Insurance adjusters protect the interests of their employer—they are not there to do what is best for you and your family.
A top-rated Jupiter car accident attorney can help. What makes our law firm different is that we have developed a unique system designed to get our clients the very best results. Our mission is to get you better and get you paid. With a well-documented record of success handling a wide range of motor vehicle accident injury claims, we are ready to get started on your case today.
Call Our Jupiter, FL Auto Accident Lawyers for Immediate Help
At Eltringham Law Group, our Jupiter car accident attorneys are aggressive, reliable advocates for injured victims. You are not just another case to us—we will put in the time and resources needed to maximize your compensation. Contact our personal injury attorneys today for a free, no commitment case evaluation. We represent auto accident victims in Jupiter and throughout all of Palm Beach County, including in Juno Beach, Juno Ridge, Palm Beach Gardens, Tequesta, and Lake Park.