Although jumping on a motorcycle and hitting Jupiter’s open roads is an amazing activity enjoyed by many in the area, it is essential to remember that motorcycles are not immune from accidents. In truth, because of their lack of protection, these bikes are often involved in some of the most catastrophic crashes on the roads.
That is why if you have been involved in a Jupiter motorcycle collision because of another person’s wrongful or negligent actions, you need legal help on your side fighting for the justice and damages you deserve. Thankfully, with Eltringham Law Group working on your behalf, you can get this legal help, plus so much more.
What Types of Financial Damages Can You Recover Following a Jupiter Motorcycle Accident?
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Jupiter, you may be qualified to receive certain types of compensation. In Florida, this compensation includes both economic and non-economic damages, which is money related to:
- Past, current, and future costs related to the accident, such as doctor visits, surgeries, assistive medical devices, hospital stay, and prescription medications
- Lost wages recovery and earning capacity
- Physical therapy or occupational therapy
- At-home replacement services
- Mental anguish
- Reputation loss
- Loss of consortium
- Limb loss
In addition, punitive damages may also be available. However, unlike the other compensatory damages, which are meant to repay the victim for their losses after an accident, punitive damages are intended to punish the wrongdoer for their egregious actions and to deter others from committing these same acts in the future. Consequently, for a court to award these damages, the victim’s lawyer needs to prove through clear and convincing evidence that the defendant was personally guilty of gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
How Much Money Can You Get After a Jupiter Motorcycle Accident?
Even though a Jupiter motorcycle accident lawyer can let you know what types of damages you can pursue following a motorcycle crash, they cannot tell you exactly how much money you can recover. This is because there are often numerous elements that can impact your claim and the amount of money you can receive. These factors generally include:
- The severity and extent of the injuries you sustained
- The medical treatments you will require now and in the future
- Whether the injuries you sustained are permanent
- Your ability to work following the accident
- Your ability to live your life after the accident, such as moving around on your own or taking part in family activities
- The extent of your pain and suffering
- The insurance available after the incident
- The need for replacement services after the accident such as grocery shopping services, child care services, or cleaning services
Yet, even though these attorneys cannot tell you the exact amount of money you can receive after this tragic accident, a motorcycle accident lawyer in Jupiter can help you take on this legal battle, making sure to prepare the strongest legal arguments in response to these elements and fight for the maximum damages you deserve.
How Much Time Do You Have to File a Legal Claim in Jupiter Following a Motorcycle Crash?
Before you can collect money for the harm and losses you sustained after a motorcycle accident, you need to verify that you have enough time to file your claim. The statute of limitations is a law that dictates how much time an individual has to bring a legal claim following an alleged offense or accident. If these individuals do not file their suit within that allotted time, they can be barred from recovering compensation for their injuries.
In Florida, the statute of limitations to file an injury claim following a Jupiter motorcycle accident is four years from the date of the crash. However, there are often exceptions that apply to this rule that can impact this filing period by shortening or extending it.
For these reasons, it is best that you do not wait to reach out to an experienced Jupiter motorcycle accident attorney after your crash. Our lawyers at Eltringham Law Group can quickly review your accident, figure out how much time you have to file your case, and ensure your filings are appropriately prepared and filed before time runs out.
How Can an Experienced Jupiter Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help You Get the Financial Recovery You Need?
Following a Jupiter motorcycle accident, you deserve justice for the harm you sustained and compensation for the losses you endured. Fortunately, with an experienced Jupiter motorcycle accident lawyer at Eltringham Law Group, you will not have to tackle this legal battle on your own. Instead, you can focus on your healing and recovery after this horrific accident while our lawyers go after the money you need.
Once retained, Eltringham Law Group can:
- Go over your Jupiter motorcycle accident with you in detail and answer any questions you have about the incident and the legal process involved with your claim
- Determine if you have a viable legal case, go over the legal options you can pursue, and provide you the legal assistance you require during this challenging time
- Investigate your motorcycle collision, and secure the evidence necessary to show fault and damages
- Obtain experts needed to substantiate your claim, such as accident reconstructionists, engineers, and doctors
- Take on all the discussions and negotiations with the insurance company and fight for the just settlement offer you require
- Proceed to trial if the other side is unwilling to settle your case fairly, and go after maximum damages
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Jupiter and Get the Legal Help You Need
If your or a loved one has been injured in a Jupiter motorcycle accident due to another person’s reckless or careless actions, do not wait to get the legal help you need. Instead, contact Eltringham Law Group today for a free case evaluation and let these attorneys show you how they can fight for you and your rights.