Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With an Experienced North Palm Beach Car Accident Lawyer
At Eltringham Law Group, our North Palm Beach car accident attorneys are diligent, dedicated, and effective advocates for injured victims and their families. We know how to hold careless drivers, negligent companies, and large insurers accountable. You need justice and financial compensation. If you or a loved one was seriously hurt in a crash in Palm Beach County, our law firm is here to help. To set up a free, no-obligation consultation with a top-rated Florida auto accident lawyer, please call us today.
An Overview of Florida’s Motor Vehicle Accident Laws
If you are involved in a crash in North Palm Beach, your claim is governed by Florida law. It is crucial that you are able to effectively navigate state laws so that you can bring a strong claim and recover the maximum financial support. Here are three important things to know about Florida’s motor vehicle accident laws:
1. Statute of Limitations and 14-Day Rule: You should take immediate action following an automobile accident. Florida has two key deadlines that all motorists should know about. To start, you must comply with the 14-day rule. Under Florida law, drivers and passengers have two calendar weeks to seek medical treatment for their car accident injuries. If you fail to comply with this deadline, you may be denied compensation through your own PIP insurance. See a doctor right away after being involved in a crash. From there, negligence lawsuits are subject to a four-year statute of limitations. After the statute of limitations expires, you cannot pursue legal action against any other party. You can protect your rights by consulting with an attorney as soon as possible after an accident. A lawyer will make sure that you follow all applicable filing deadlines.
2. No-Fault Car Insurance (PIP Coverage): Florida has a no-fault car insurance law on the books. In the state of Florida, all motorists must carry minimum mandatory Personal Injury Protection coverage. Known as PIP coverage, this insurance will cover your medical bills and lost wages after a minor or moderate crash. Indeed, your first option for recovery is through your own PIP policy. As PIP is no-fault coverage, it applies regardless of who was responsible for causing the wreck. You may think that your own insurance company would be relatively easy to work with. Sadly, this is not always the case. If you are struggling to get PIP benefits, our North Palm Beach, FL car accident attorneys can help.
3. Comparative Negligence for Car Accident Lawsuits: You can go outside of Florida’s no-fault car accident system if you sustained a serious or permanent injury in a crash. Drivers, passengers, or pedestrians who sustained severe injuries can file a lawsuit directly against all negligent parties who contributed to the accident. Fault-based car accident claims are handled under our state’s comparative fault system. Each party will be held liable in accordance with their level of fault. For instance, a driver found liable for 80 percent of the fault will be legally responsible for 80 percent of the total damages.”
If you have questions about your legal rights under our state’s car accident laws, our North Palm Beach personal injury attorneys are standing by, more than ready to help. Florida’s auto insurance regulations are unique. Many people are confused about their rights and responsibilities after a serious crash. We will make sure you know what you need to do to get justice and compensation.
Contact the Eltringham Law Group at 561-338-0420 for experienced, compassionate and comprehensive representation so you can rest easy knowing that someone is fighting to get you the settlement you deserve.
We Will Fight to Maximize Your Financial Compensation
In Florida, car accident victims may be entitled to financial compensation for economic and non-monetary damages. Sadly, you cannot trust the insurance company for support through the car accident injury claims process. Insurance adjusters are tasked with resolving claims for the lowest amount possible. They may offer you far less than you rightfully deserve. Remember, insurance representatives are hired to protect the financial interests of the company. At Eltringham Law Group, our North Palm Beach car accident lawyers will stand behind you every step of the way. We know how to help our clients obtain the maximum financial recovery. You may be eligible to receive money damages for:
- Automobile repairs or vehicle replacement;
- Emergency medical care;
- Hospital bills;
- Rehabilitative treatments and therapies;
- Mental health counseling;
- Lost income;
- Diminished ability to earn;
- Pain and suffering;
- Permanent scarring;
- Long-term disability; and
- Wrongful death damages.
How Our North Palm Beach Car Accident Lawyers Can Help
Car accident injury claims are complicated. Unfortunately, many people struggle to navigate the legal process and recover the full financial support that they deserve under Florida law. At Eltringham Law Group, we understand the devastating impact that a crash can have and we are devoted to providing the highest level of representation to our clients. When you get in touch with our firm, you will be able to consult directly with a North Palm Beach car accident attorney who can:
- Provide an in-depth evaluation of your personal injury case;
- Answer any questions you have and address concerns about the process;
- Investigate your collision, securing all evidence and information;
- Deal with all insurance companies and defendants; and
- Craft a personalized strategy focused on maximizing your financial recovery.
Personal injury law is all we do. Our practice is devoted to helping victims and their families get justice and compensation. We encourage you to hear what our clients have to say about our services. As our North Palm Beach attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, you pay nothing until we win your case.
Contact Our North Palm Beach Auto Accident Lawyer Today
At Eltringham Law Group, our North Palm Beach car accident attorneys are prepared to guide you through every step of the claims process. We will protect your best interests. If you or your loved one was hurt in a crash, you need a top-rated advocate in your corner. Contact our firm today for a free review of your case. We represent motor vehicle accident victims in North Palm Beach and through Palm Beach County.