Copyright Ⓒ 2021 ELG. All Rights Reserved.Site By:
What to Do If You’re in a Bicycle Accident
Far too often, bicyclists don’t seek the proper counsel necessary to pursue the compensation they deserve following a bicycle accident. Although crashes are often caused by weather conditions or roadway hazards, many of these are due to some type of negligence on the part of automobile and truck drivers.
In 2017, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reported over 6,400 bicycle crashes. If you are involved in a bicycle accident in Florida, you have rights – especially if the accident was due to a driver who can be shown to be negligent or reckless in some way.
The personal injury attorneys at the Eltringham Law Group have the knowledge and dedication it takes to help clients receive the compensation they deserve when they are injured in a bike accident, especially one that also involves a motor vehicle.
Causes of Bicycle Accidents
There are numerous causes of bicycle accidents that can result in serious injury, disability or death. Some of the most common reasons you may seek compensation due to a bicycle crash include:
- Drivers don’t see you on the road and infringe on your space
- Motorists drive in your path or cut you off
- Vehicle operators or passengers open doors as you are driving by, causing you to flip
- Drivers speeding, swerving or driving recklessly
- Hit and runs
- Unrepaired road hazards
- Defective bicycles or bicycle parts
No matter what the cause, the result of a bicycle collision with a motor vehicle can be catastrophic, resulting in serious injury, head trauma, paralysis, permanent disability or even death. That’s why you need a bike accident attorney that is on your side. We will help you build a case so you can get the compensation you deserve to cover current and future medical expenses, as well as compensatory damages such as loss of wages or an inability to work, pain and suffering, and other punitive damages.
What to Expect Following Your Bicycle Accident
When you choose the Eltringham Law Group to represent you following a bicycle accident involving personal injury, property damage or death, here is what you can expect to happen:
- We offer free consultations so you can get all your questions answered and can spend time talking directly with an experienced attorney about your rights and expected outcomes.
- Leave all the work to us. We will be in contact with doctors, hospitals, witnesses, insurance providers, police, attorneys and anyone else necessary to settle your claim. We will thoroughly investigate your accident and will build a solid case so that you are more likely to be awarded additional compensation from insurance companies or other parties.
- You focus on you. Whether you are still recovering from injuries or are simply dealing with the stress and anxiety that is common following bicycle accidents, now is the time to focus on your own needs while you leave the details of your case in the hands of experienced attorneys that will get the job done right.
- We work on a contingent fee basis. This means that you don’t need to lay out any money up front in order to have our injury attorneys work on your case. We don’t get paid unless we recover a financial settlement or jury award for you.
Common Questions About Biking Accidents
Being involved in a bicycle accident with a motor vehicle is scary and can have serious consequences. If you find yourself in this situation, you likely have many questions, including: