Copyright Ⓒ 2021 ELG. All Rights Reserved.Site By:
The birth of a child is one of the most anticipated events in a family’s life. However, if that event is marred by a birth injury that could have somehow been prevented, the results can have not only physical and emotional ramifications, but also long-lasting financial consequences. Babies impacted by birth injuries may require current and future medical care, therapy, medications, specialized schooling, long-term care and more – all of which can come with a hefty price tag.
The Eltringham Law Group in Boca Raton provides justice to individuals in Florida and across the nation. Birth injuries can impact a child’s and his or her family’s life forever. If you believe that your child has suffered a birth injury due to medical negligence, error or mistake, you may be entitled to compensation and should consider pursuing a medical malpractice lawsuit.
Childbirth Injuries, Mistakes or Failures:
- Improper use of forceps or vacuum extractors
- Improper use of labor-inducing drugs
- Failure to identify and address hypoxia (lack of oxygen to the baby’s brain)
- Failure to diagnose conditions affecting the placenta
- Failure to identify birth defects
- Failure to diagnose diseases or medical conditions of the mother that may affect the fetus
- Lack of testing that can identify potential risks and problems
- Delay in performing C-sections if the child is in distress
- Communication failure between medical professionals
If your child has been injured at birth, we can help. Medical malpractice, negligence and mistakes do not only extend to the physician delivering your baby, but may also cover actions taken or missed by the nursing staff, anesthesiologists, other medical personnel or the hospital itself. In order to have a valid birth injury legal claim, however, negligence must have directly resulted in the birth injury. This can be difficult to prove. However, our personal injury attorneys have extensive experience in building solid birth injury lawsuits when healthcare professionals do not provide a standard minimum level of care.
What to Expect With a Birth Injury Claim
When you choose the Eltringham Law Group to represent you following a birth injury, here is what you can expect to happen:
- We offer free consultations so you can get all your questions answered and can spend time talking directly with an experienced attorney about your rights and expected outcomes.
- Leave all the work to us. We will be in contact with doctors, hospitals, witnesses, insurance providers, police, attorneys and anyone else necessary to settle your claim. We will thoroughly investigate and will build a solid case so that you are more likely to be awarded additional compensation from insurance companies or other parties.
- You focus on you. Whether you are still recovering from injuries or are dealing with stress and anxiety, now is the time to focus on your own needs while you leave the details of your case in the hands of experienced attorneys that will get the job done right.
- We work on a contingent fee basis. This means that you don’t need to lay out any money up front in order to have our injury attorneys work on your case. We don’t get paid unless we recover a financial settlement or jury award for you.