Boca Raton Defective Products Attorney
What to Do if You Have a Defective Product Claim
When individuals purchase or use a product, they expect the product to be safe and to not cause bodily harm. Unfortunately, many products result in serious injury through no fault of the victim. When this happens, you need a defective products lawyer on your side. Eltringham Law Group in Boca Raton offers defective products attorney legal services to individuals in Broward, Palm Beach, Martin, Hendry, Glades, St. Lucie, Okeechobee and Indian River Counties.
Contact the Eltringham Law Group at 561-338-0420 for experienced, compassionate and comprehensive representation so you can rest easy knowing that someone is fighting to get you the settlement you deserve
Defective Product Claims
If you have sustained an injury from a defective product and live in Florida, the injury attorneys of the Eltringham Law Group can help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Conveniently located in Boca Raton, FL, we represent individuals with defective product claims in several Florida counties no matter where the manufacturer or seller of the product is located.
Our injury lawyers have nearly 60 years of combined legal experience and are knowledgeable about what it takes to pursue a defective product claim. This can be an especially difficult task when going up against big businesses with strong legal teams on their side. However, in Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach and West Palm Beach, we provide Florida residents with the legal guidance and representation needed to go up against manufacturers, designers and companies selling defective products.
Our Defective Products Legal Services Cover:
The first step in pursuing a defective product case is determining if you have grounds for a claim. This is a highly complex process and is best handled by a Florida defective products lawyer. A defective products attorney is not only familiar with the intricate issues surrounding defective products, but also additional complications, such as jurisdiction, since victims and companies are often in different locations or even different countries.
When it comes to defective products lawsuits, we can help you pursue compensation for:
- Medical treatment
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of wages
- Future medical or long-term care expenses
- Other expenses or punitive damages
If you or a loved one has been injured due to a defective product, it’s important to find a Boca Raton defective products attorney you can trust. We offer free consultations, during which we will discuss the details of your case and help you determine whether you have a valid claim. There’s no need for you to lay out any money up front; we don’t get paid unless we recover a financial settlement for you.
What to Expect When You Have a Product Liability Claim
When you choose the Eltringham Law Group to represent you for a defective products claim, here is what you can expect to happen:
- We offer free consultations and virtual contact-free case reviews. You can get all your questions answered and can spend time talking directly with an experienced attorney about your rights and expected outcomes.
- Leave all the work to us. We will be in contact with doctors, hospitals, witnesses, insurance providers, police, attorneys and anyone else necessary to settle your claim. We will thoroughly investigate, and build a solid case so that you are more likely to be awarded additional compensation from insurance companies or other parties.
- You focus on you. Whether you are recovering from injuries or dealing with the stress and anxiety after the incident, now is the time to focus on your own needs while you leave the details of your case in the hands of experienced attorneys that will get the job done right.
- We work on a contingent fee basis. This means that you don’t need to lay out any money up front in order to have our injury attorneys work on your case. We don’t get paid unless we recover a financial settlement or jury award for you.
Common Legal Questions About Defective Products
If you suffer any type of injury due to a product that you used, you may be able to recover financial compensation for your injuries. When you purchase a product, you trust that it was manufactured and tested properly so that it is safe and reliable for use. Unfortunately thousands of people are injured every year from products that malfunction or have manufacturing defects. If you have suffered an injury or other damages due to a product you used, you may have grounds for a defective products or product liability claim.
Besides the fact that you should be fairly compensated for any injuries or damages you have incurred because of a product failing to perform at the assumed level of safety, we believe there is an ethical obligation to bring attention to this issue. The company with the faulty product should be held responsible and required to make changes to the product to prevent anyone else from being injured.
Unfortunately, the list for defective product liability cases is truly endless. Most often, defective products are due to three different causes:
- Manufacture defect – a mistake in the manufacturing process before the point of purchase
- Defective designs – although properly manufactured, the original design was dangerous and can put an entire product line at fault, versus one specific product.
- Lack of adequate warnings or instructions – the company fails to warn the consumer of proper use and misuse of its products that are deemed dangerous and result in injury.
In our experience, we have seen the following situations far too many times:
- Gas grill lighters exploding
- Faulty break and airbag systems in automobiles
- Electronic device malfunctions that cause burns and lacerations
- Vape pen explosions from batteries
Liability for a product defect could fall on various levels of the product’s chain of distribution, including the product manufacturer and the manufacture of its component parts, the wholesaler and even the retail store at the consumer’s purchase. We know it can be overwhelming when determining liability, so our attorneys at Eltringham Law Group will handle this process for you.
Typically, lawsuits involving defective products must be filed within four years from the date of the incident. However, every situation is unique and may fall under a different statute. Therefore it’s best you speak with one of our experienced attorneys at Eltringham Law Group to determine your best course of action.
A product recall should not significantly affect your case as the recall itself acknowledges that there was a defect in design, manufacturing or other causes. Our attorneys have the experience to help you get compensation and justice you deserve, despite the recall on a product.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to a defective product, it’s important to find an attorney you can trust. We offer free consultations, during which we will discuss the details of your case and will help you determine whether you have a valid claim.