Copyright Ⓒ 2021 ELG. All Rights Reserved.Site By:
What to Do if You’re in a Drunk Driving Accident
Each year, drunk driving, DUI or some level of alcohol impairment is suspected in thousands of car accidents. Although the state of Florida requires each driver to maintain a minimum of $10,000 of Personal Injury Protection coverage (PIP), drunk driving accidents often result in far more serious injuries and damage than what is covered by this “no fault” insurance. Clearly, when a driver involved in a crash is under the influence of alcohol, fault comes into play. In these cases, the situation requires litigation by an experienced drunk driving accident lawyer.
Cases involving drunk driving can get very complicated, with potential criminal charges brought against the driver as well as insurance companies that try to do whatever they can to limit the amount of compensation you receive. In fact, some insurance companies will even try to settle with you right away, before you even know the extent of your injuries, in order to try to avoid paying you more down the road once you know the extent of your injuries or have a knowledgeable attorney involved in your case.
Drunk driving accidents in Florida are a serious matter. If you or a loved one has been injured, disabled or killed by a drunk driver, the personal injury attorneys at the Eltringham Law Group can help you get the compensation you deserve. Our experienced and compassionate drunk driving accident lawyers are committed to aggressively fighting for you so you get the compensation and justice that is your right.
Injuries Resulting in Drunk Driver Accidents
Drunk driving accidents can result in serious injuries and death and can change your life in an instant. Some types of injuries that may occur include:
- Head and/or traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Joint and musculoskeletal injuries
- Broken bones
- Loss of limbs
- Organ damage
- Burns and lacerations
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Permanent disability
- Wrongful Death
You may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses associated with the initial injury, as well as future medical expenses and long-term care, if needed. You may also be compensated for lost wages or loss of earning capacity, as well as pain and suffering, mental anguish and punitive damages. The key is to have an experienced personal injury attorney on your side so the insurance companies don’t take advantage of you and you get the compensation you deserve.
What to Expect if you are Involved in a Drunk Driving Accident
When you choose the Eltringham Law Group to represent you following an auto accident involving personal injury, property damage or death, here is what you can expect to happen:
- We offer free consultations so you can get all your questions answered and can spend time talking directly with an experienced attorney about your rights and expected outcomes.
- Leave all the work to us. We will be in contact with doctors, hospitals, witnesses, insurance providers, police, attorneys and anyone else necessary to settle your claim. We will thoroughly investigate your accident and will build a solid case so that you are more likely to be awarded additional compensation from insurance companies or other parties.
- You focus on you. Whether you are still recovering from injuries or are simply dealing with the stress and anxiety that is common following auto accidents, now is the time to focus on your own needs while you leave the details of your case in the hands of experienced attorneys that will get the job done right.
- We work on a contingent fee basis. This means that you don’t need to lay out any money up front in order to have our injury attorneys work on your case. We don’t get paid unless we recover a financial settlement or jury award for you.