Boca Raton Medical Malpractice Attorney
What to Do if You Are a Victim of Medical Malpractice in Boca Raton
Our health is the most important thing we have – without it, we have nothing. We trust that the doctors we seek medical care from will make our health a priority and take every measure to ensure that the appropriate steps are taken when we require treatment. Unfortunately, there are many instances in which the doctor or health care provider’s mistakes can have severe and sometimes life altering effects.
Medical malpractice is essentially a doctor or health care provider’s medical mistake, including anything he or she failed to do. Negligence and recklessness are telltale aspects of medical malpractice court cases.
Doctors and health care providers are required to follow the “medical standard of care,” which is defined as the type and level of care that a reasonably competent professional would provide. When a patient is subjected to sub-standard treatment, medical malpractice laws exist to provide a way for patients to recover monetary compensation for any injuries that may result.
Some of the Most Common Medical Malpractice Mistakes Include:
- surgical errors
- failure to diagnose a condition or illness
- failure to treat a condition or illness
- failure to diagnose conditions or illnesses in a timely manner
- failure to get a patient’s informed consent
- medical errors
Offering Guidance to Victims of Medical Malpractice in Boca Raton
If you believe that you have been the victim of a medical team’s error, at the hospital or private practice, you can speak to one of our personal injury attorneys who will be able to fairly evaluate your case.
Unfortunately medical malpractice cases are extremely involved. The largest obstacle to overcome is to prove exactly what the medical standard of care would be under your specific situation, and how the medical professional failed to take appropriate action, or knowingly provided the wrong care.
Many circumstances must be taken into consideration, including:
- Time frame – A claim must be filed within 2 years, in most cases.
- Liability – You must determine who is liable, whether it is a doctor, nurse, other health care provider; even the medical institution itself.
- Standard of care – Victims must prove that the minimum standard of care for treatment/diagnosis was not met.
- Proving malpractice – Harm must have come to the victim as a result of the medical mistake.
When you’ve been injured as a result of medical malpractice, the last thing you need is to get bogged down in the legal details. The personal injury attorneys at the Eltringham Law Group operate with a Health-First Mindset. This means that we take all of the legal burden away from you so that your only responsibility is to focus on your health and getting better. Our Boca Raton medical malpractice attorneys take every step necessary to represent your injuries and guide you each step of the way.
When you or a loved one has become a victim of medical malpractice in Florida, the attorneys at the Eltringham Law Group understand the pain and suffering, as well as the confusion that this process may cause. We are here to address your questions and concerns with compassion and understanding.
What to Expect If You Are a Victim of Medical Malpractice
When you choose the Eltringham Law Group to represent you following a medical malpractice incident involving personal injury, or the death of a loved one, here is what you can expect to happen:
- We offer free consultations and virtual contact-free case reviews so you can get all your questions answered and can spend time talking directly with an experienced attorney about your rights and expected outcomes.
- Leave all the work to us. We will be in contact with doctors, hospitals, witnesses, insurance providers, police, attorneys and anyone else necessary to settle your claim. We will thoroughly investigate what occurred and will build a solid case so that you are more likely to be awarded additional compensation from insurance companies or other parties.
- You focus on you. Whether you are recovering from injuries, grieving or dealing with stress and anxiety, now is the time to focus on your own needs while you leave the details of your case in the hands of experienced attorneys that will get the job done right.
- We work on a contingent fee basis. This means that you don’t need to lay out any money up front in order to have our attorneys work on your case. We don’t get paid unless we recover a financial settlement or jury award for you.
Common Legal Questions About Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice is the act of negligent treatment by medical providers such as a hospital, doctor or other health care professional that results in injury to the patient. Medical providers are expected to act in accordance with accepted standard of practice; if the provider fails to do so, they could be held liable for all resulting injuries and damages.
While there are numerous situations which could result in a medical malpractice case, the most common include misdiagnosis, surgical errors, failure to treat, birth injuries and prescription drug errors.
The only way to truly determine if you qualify for a medical malpractice case is to review the details with an experienced medical malpractice attorney at Eltringham Law Group. Our team will thoroughly review your case at no cost.