Copyright Ⓒ 2021 ELG. All Rights Reserved.Site By:
What to Do If You’re in a Motorcycle Accident
Florida motorcycle insurance coverage does not include medical payments coverage known as Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – a requirement for those driving four-wheel vehicles in the state of Florida. Additionally, PIP coverage is not available to motorcyclists even if they did want to purchase it. This means that you are immediately responsible for paying your own medical bills for injuries sustained in a motorcycle crash. Therefore, it is important for motorcyclists injured in an accident in Florida, no matter what the extent of their injuries, to seek the counsel of an experienced motorcycle accident attorney in order to recover damages from the at-fault party.
Injured motorcyclists and their passengers can run into numerous complications when trying to obtain compensation for their injuries or other damages arising from an accident. Due to the fact that motorcyclists are not permitted or required to carry Florida’s PIP insurance, an accident resulting in injury or loss of work can result in financial hardship. Fortunately, the experienced motorcycle accident lawyers at the Eltringham Law Group can help you get the compensation you deserve if you have been injured in an accident through no fault of your own.
Motorcycle Accident Lawsuits in Boca Raton
Reasons that warrant a motorcycle accident lawsuit include:
- Driver negligence, including a failure to recognize motorcyclists or to yield, cutting off motorcyclists, driving too close or swerving in front of them
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence (DUI) / Drunk driving
- Reckless conduct
- Vehicle defects
- Roadway hazards
Motorcycle Accidents Often Result in Injury or Death
Motorcycle accidents result in a high percentage of critical injuries and even death. Injuries may include:
- Head and/or traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Joint injuries
- Broken bones
- Loss of limbs
- Organ damage
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Permanent disability
- Wrongful Death
As part of your motorcycle accident lawsuit, you may be entitled to compensation for initial medical expenses associated with the injury in addition to future medical expenses. You may also be eligible for recovery of lost wages or loss of earning capacity, as well as compensatory damages for pain and suffering, mental anguish and other available legal damages.
What to Expect if You Are Involved in a Motorcycle Accident
When you choose the Eltringham Law Group to represent you following a motorcycle accident that results in personal injury, here is what you can expect to happen:
- We offer free consultations so you can get all your questions answered and can spend time talking directly with an experienced attorney about your rights and expected outcomes.
- Leave all the work to us. We will be in contact with doctors, hospitals, witnesses, insurance providers, police, attorneys and anyone else necessary to settle your claim. We will thoroughly investigate your accident and will build a solid case so that you are more likely to be awarded additional compensation from insurance companies or other parties.
- You focus on you. Whether you are still recovering from injuries or are simply dealing with the stress and anxiety that is common following motorcycle accidents, now is the time to focus on your own needs while you leave the details of your case in the hands of experienced attorneys that will get the job done right.
- We work on a contingent fee basis. This means that you don’t need to lay out any money up front in order to have our injury attorneys work on your case. We don’t get paid unless we recover a financial settlement or jury award for you.
Common Questions about Motorcycle Accidents
It’s understandable that you have many questions related to your motorcycle accident.