Copyright Ⓒ 2021 ELG. All Rights Reserved.Site By:
What to Do if You Are in a Pedestrian Accident
Although pedestrians in Florida have the right of way on the road, thousands of pedestrians are struck by moving vehicles each year across the state. According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles more than 9,000 accidents involved pedestrians in 2017 aline. Pedestrian accidents can result in devastating circumstances, resulting in serious injury that requires long-term care, loss of function or even death.
Pedestrians are vulnerable whether they are walking down the street, crossing at a crosswalk, standing in a parking lot or even exiting their car, simply because they are no match for a moving vehicle. These types of accidents also often affect more than their fair share of children, making the outcome that much harder to bear. Pedestrian crashes can happen as a result of negligence or reckless driving, including drivers who are driving too fast, distracted or simply not paying attention. Whatever the cause, these types of crashes often have serious consequences.
The key to receiving the compensation that you deserve to cover your medical expenses – as well as any care needed, loss of wages, pain and suffering and other punitive damages – is to have an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer on your side. Without knowledgeable representation, insurance companies will try to take advantage of you. Don’t let that happen to you – contact the experienced and compassionate personal injury attorneys at the Eltringham Law Group today.
Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit Cases
Injuries resulting from an accident between a pedestrian and a moving vehicle can be among the most serious type of injury imaginable. A person is no match for a motor vehicle on the road, and when the two collide, the results can be devastating.
Resulting injuries may include:
- Head and/or traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Joint injuries
- Broken bones
- Loss of limbs
- Organ damage
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Permanent disability
- Wrongful Death
What to Expect if You Are Involved in a Pedestrian Accident
When you choose the Eltringham Law Group to represent you following a pedestrian accident involving personal injury, here is what you can expect to happen:
- We offer free consultations so you can get all your questions answered and can spend time talking directly with an experienced attorney about your rights and expected outcomes.
- Leave all the work to us. We will be in contact with doctors, hospitals, witnesses, insurance providers, police, attorneys and anyone else necessary to settle your claim. We will thoroughly investigate your accident and will build a solid case so that you are more likely to be awarded additional compensation from insurance companies or other parties.
- You focus on you. Whether you are still recovering from injuries or are simply dealing with the stress and anxiety that is common following pedestrian accidents, now is the time to focus on your own needs while you leave the details of your case in the hands of experienced attorneys that will get the job done right.
- We work on a contingent fee basis. This means that you don’t need to lay out any money up front in order to have our injury attorneys work on your case. We don’t get paid unless we recover a financial settlement or jury award for you.