Commercial Trucking Accidents
Auto accidents involving two cars can be extremely devastating and, sometimes, even fatal. However, when these auto accidents involve a truck, an 18-wheeler, a box truck or any type of commercial vehicle, the chances of serious injury and property damage increases exponentially. Seeking compensation for injuries for commercial trucking accidents from large trucking companies or commercial insurance providers is not an easy task.
The involvement of many parties in addition to the truck driver can lead to complications in getting compensation for your injuries. This includes the owner of the truck, the truck leasing company, the owner of the trailer, the packer of the trailer, and the manufacturer of the truck and trailer, among others. All of these commercial players have a lot vested in limiting the amount of compensation you may receive if you are in an accident with one of their trucks.
Consult No#1 Boca Raton Truck Accident Attorneys
It is extremely important in these cases to hire an experienced truck accident lawyer in Boca Raton who can act quickly to preserve important pieces of evidence that may be critical to proving your case.
Our personal injury attorneys who handle truck and tractor trailer collisions are also well-versed in Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations found in Chapter 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations (49 CFR) and Florida Statutes Section 316.302, which subjects all owners or drivers of commercial motor vehicles engaged in intrastate (Florida) commerce to its rules and regulations.
In some cases, you may be entitled to significantly greater compensation resulting not only from the truck driver’s wrongdoing in causing the crash but also the trucking company’s negligence in hiring or retaining the driver in addition to other non-compliance issues pertaining to these important laws and regulations.
Whether you or a loved one has sustained serious personal injury, property damage, permanent impairment or wrongful death due to a truck accident in Florida, Eltringham Law Group. When you hire a Boca Raton truck accident attorney from our law firm, you can rest easy knowing that your rights are protected. Our attorneys will fight determinedly to get you the settlement you are entitled to.
Contact the Eltringham Law Group at 561-338-0420 for experienced, compassionate and comprehensive representation so you can rest easy knowing that someone is fighting to get you the settlement you deserve.
Serious Injury Due To Commercial Trucking Accidents
It’s not hard to visualize how much more devastating injuries can be when a motor vehicle collision involves a truck or tractor trailer. Although most truck drivers are trained to safely and effectively operate these large motor vehicles, there are many factors that can result in a truck crash, contributing to serious injury.
If you or a loved one has sustained serious injury in a truck accident, it’s important to engage the services of an experienced truck accident lawyer in Boca Raton to help you get the compensation that you deserve.
Injuries May Include:
Various Causes Of Commercial Trucking Accidents:
- Driver negligence
- Lack of driving experience
- Distracted driving
- Operating truck for long periods of time / sleepiness
- Failing to perform proper pre-trip inspections
- Failing to maintain required driver logs
- Driving trucks on restricted roadways
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Overloading or over-weighting trucks
- Improper vehicle repair or maintenance
- Vehicle or trailer defects
- Road or weather-related hazards
What To Expect If You Are Involved In A Truck Accident?
If you are involved in a truck accident in Florida, it’s important to act quickly so that a solid case can be built before evidence is no longer readily available. Schedule appointment with our truck accident lawyers in Boca Raton, FL; Call at +1-561-338-0420 Right Away!
One of the things you must realize is that you aren’t negotiating on a level playing field when dealing with a large-scale trucking company post a trucking accident. These companies are very experienced at dealing with auto truck accident investigations and claims practices.
The insurance company’s adjusters are the truck company’s representatives, not yours. This is why it’s vital that don’t sign any releases for employment records or medical records or give them any statements. Often, the medical release will allow the adjuster to have discussions with the doctor/s without you or anyone else being present.
Trucking companies have expert accident investigators on-call. These professionals are quickly deployed to the scene of the accident as soon as the truck company learns there’s been an accident. After an accident, the victims’ families are tending to hospital care, medical treatments or funeral arrangements.
During this time, the trucking company’s representatives are conducting full-scale investigations about the truck accident. This helps them set up a solid legal defense. This is why it is important that victims of trucking accidents have good and seasoned truck accident attorneys in their corner, fighting for their rights.
What To Expect If You Are Involved In A Truck Accident?
If you are involved in a truck accident in Florida, it’s important to act quickly so that a solid case can be built before evidence is no longer readily available. If you choose to have our experienced truck accident lawyers in Boca Raton represent you, here is what you can expect to happen:
- We offer free consultations so you can get all your questions answered and can spend time talking directly with an experienced attorney about your rights and expected outcomes.
- Leave all the work to our truck accident lawyer in Boca Raton. We will be in contact with doctors, hospitals, witnesses, insurance providers, police, attorneys and anyone else necessary to settle your claim. We will thoroughly investigate your accident and build a solid case so that you are more likely to be awarded additional compensation from insurance companies or other parties.
- You focus on you. Whether you are still recovering from injuries or are simply dealing with the stress and anxiety that is common following auto accidents, now is the time to focus on your own needs while you leave the details of your case in the hands of our Boca Raton truck accident attorney that will get the job done right.
- We work on a contingent fee basis. This means that you don’t need to lay out any money up front in order to have our injury attorneys work on your case. We don’t get paid unless we recover a financial settlement or jury award for you.
Trucks are heavy vehicles that can cause a significant amount of damage when they get into accidents. Many trucking accidents are fatal and have multiple causalities. At Eltringham Law Group, we have worked on several accident cases involving one or more trucks.
We understand the nuances of this field and will ensure you get the compensation you deserve. Our truck accident lawyer in Boca Raton is familiar with the laws and will answer all of your questions.
Why Do Truck Accidents Happen?
Unfortunately, truck accidents are relatively common and cause hundreds of deaths each year. Some of the most common reasons for that are listed below:
- Truck drivers work long hours and face constant pressure to meet deadlines. That can lead to driver fatigue, which is one of the most common causes of truck
- Large trucks have a longer stopping distance. They travel several feet before coming to a halt. Drivers can’t just press the breaks to avoid a collision if someone appears in their path without warning, which causes several accidents as well.
- Busy drivers sometimes fail to perform the tests necessary to ensure their truck is working correctly. Skipping these essential tests can lead to accidents, especially if the drivers miss something vital like brake issues or poor tire condition.
- Adverse weather conditions make accidents more likely, especially if there are snow and ice on the roads. Many trucks crash because of black ice and inadequate preparation for it.
These are just some of the reasons why trucks get into accidents. Different causes require different approaches. For example, if driver fatigue is the cause of the accident, you can sue the company and hold them liable for not allowing drivers enough rest. A qualified truck accident lawyer in Boca Raton can come up with a strong argument for your case.
How Can a Boca Raton Truck Accident Attorney Help?
Qualified attorneys are familiar with the regulations that control the trucking industry. They know how to determine the cause of the accident, understand liability, and collect evidence. Here’s a look at how we can help:
- Protect Your Interests – Most trucking companies have legal teams that can intimidate clients. They present compelling arguments that encourage clients to settle for less than what they deserve. We know how to present clear counterarguments and protect your interests during such negotiations.
- Collecting Evidence – We know how to collect evidence from personal and third-party sources. Our lawyers contact witnesses, get traffic camera footing, copies of police reports, etc. Evidence can help us build a strong case for clients.
- Working on Contingency – Many clients can’t afford legal fees, especially after going through a tragic accident. They face medical expenses and loss of wages that can make their financial situation unstable. We work on a contingency basis and will collect our fees from the compensation awarded at the end of a case.
If you want to know more about our accident personal injury services or need to book a consultation with an accident lawyer, get in touch with us at Eltringham Law Group today! Clients can call 561-338-0420 or use our contact us form.
We understand it’s scary to be involved in any auto accident, especially commercial trucking accidents. If you have been injured in a crash involving a truck, you likely have many questions. Call the Eltringham Law Group today at 561‑338‑0420 for these and any other personal injury questions you may have.
Common Questions About Commercial Trucking Accidents
When you have been involved in an auto accident, there are a few crucial actions you must take.
- Assess your injuries – are you seriously injured? Bleeding? Make sure that the other person is OK.
- Call the police to document the incident.
- Take photos of the scene including damages to both vehicles, license plate numbers and the surrounding environment.
- Do not speak to the other parties involved about the details of the accident – only to the police.
- Seek medical treatment within 14 days of your accident so you will retain your PIP benefits.
Florida law requires that you seek medical attention within 14 days from the date of the accident – this includes weekends and holidays. If you fail to comply with the Florida Law, you will lose 100% of your medical payment coverage under the Personal Injury Protection (PIP) portion of your automobile insurance policy. All auto insurance policies in the state of Florida include PIP, which covers a portion of your medical bills.
However, this coverage is void if you do not seek medical attention within 14 days of your automobile accident. Although many injuries and/or ailments that result from a trucking accident may not be noticeable immediately, it is highly recommended that you seek medical attention immediately and continue communication as other issues may arise. Even the most minor accidents can cause medical issues, days or even weeks after the auto accident.
Complications in seeking compensation for your injuries are due to the existence of many parties involved in the situation in addition to the truck driver. This includes the owner of the truck, the truck leasing company, the owner of the trailer, the packer of the trailer, and the manufacturer of the truck and trailer, among others. All of these commercial players have a lot vested in limiting the amount of compensation you may receive if you are in an accident with one of their trucks.
It is extremely important in these cases to hire experienced truck accident lawyers in Boca Raton who can act quickly to preserve important pieces of evidence that may be critical to proving your case. Our personal injury attorneys who handle truck and tractor trailer collisions are also well-versed in Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations found in Chapter 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations (49 CFR) and Florida Statutes Section 316.302. This subjects all owners or drivers of commercial motor vehicles that are engaged in intrastate (Florida) commerce to the rules and regulations.
Yes – your PIP insurance will cover your medical expense up to $10,000 if you have been involved in an accident with a truck or tractor trailer accident. Due to the nature of these vehicles, these accidents typically require more medical treatment that will exceed what PIP will cover. It’s very important to hire a personal injury attorney that has experience in these types of accidents so that you are protected. You must seek medical attention within 14 days of the accident in order to retain your PIP benefits.
Most persons involved in an auto accident with a truck or tractor trailer will require treatment that exceeds the $10,000 limit that PIP provides. Florida allows drivers to sue the insurance company of the at-fault party if the medical costs exceed $10,000. This is why it is very important for you to call a personal injury attorney that will explain your rights, as well as recover your expenses. You may also sue them for any emotional pain and suffering you think the injuries have caused you.
Truck accident lawsuits are often very involved and complex, requiring expert testimony, medical evidence, and thorough knowledge of negligence law. Not every law firm or attorney would be able to provide you with the same level of protection. To make sure that your case is on solid ground, it’s vital to seek out an experienced Boca Raton truck accident attorney like the ones at Eltringham Law Group.