Copyright Ⓒ 2021 ELG. All Rights Reserved.Site By:
What to Do If You’ve Suffered a Workplace Accident
Injuries can occur at work due to a one-time event or as a result of repetitive actions or exposure. Regardless of the scenario, a work accident lawyer can help you receive the compensation you deserve when you have been injured on the job.
Injuries that occur in the workplace are covered under federal Workers’ Compensation law. Although this is “no fault” insurance, employers and insurance companies can make it hard for you to receive the compensation you deserve by claiming that your injury was not sustained in the workplace or that your injury is less severe than you claim. A personal injury lawyer with experience in handling workplace injury claims can help you through the process to receive Workers’ Compensation. We can also advise you when you may be eligible for additional compensation due to negligence, neglect or fault on the part of your employer or a third party.
When you have been hurt or injured on the job, you may have more than just medical expenses to contend with. You may have lost wages or be unable to return to work, require future medical care or rehabilitation, and have likely suffered other damages such as pain and suffering. Some accidents result in long-term or permanent disability and can even lead to death.
The Eltringham Law Group has experience handling workplace accident injury cases in Broward, Martin, Hendry, Glades, St. Lucie, Okeechobee, Indian River and Palm Beach Counties including Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, and West Palm Beach.
Work Accidents and Injury Lawsuit Cases
Accidents or injuries can occur in almost any type of work environment, including:
- Educational facilities
- Theme parks
- Machinery-based operations
- Trucking companies
The spectrum of injury or illness that can be sustained in the workplace is extensive and can range from repetitive stress injuries to injuries sustained from slips and falls, faulty equipment, toxic substances, improper safety procedures, and more. Even in seemingly harmless work environments, accidents and injuries can occur. When this happens, you need an attorney on your side that can get you the compensation you deserve.
Types of Workplace Injuries
The types of injuries that may be sustained in the workplace can vary as much as the individual workers and environments. Injuries can range from relatively minor to extremely severe, in some cases leading to permanent disability or even death. Here are some common workplace injuries that may entitle you to compensation:
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Slip and fall injuries
- Head injuries
- Spinal Cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Eye injuries
- Crush injuries
- Broken bones
- Loss of limbs
- Vehicular injuries
- Illnesses from toxic exposure
- Wrongful Death
When you have been injured on the job or have been involved in an accident in the workplace, an experienced work accident lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve and can guide you through the process of what to do after you have been hurt.
What to Expect Following Your Workplace Accident
When you choose the Eltringham Law Group to represent you following a workplace accident involving personal injury, property damage or death, here is what you can expect to happen:
- We offer free consultations so you can get all your questions answered and can spend time talking directly with an experienced attorney about your rights and expected outcomes.
- Leave all the work to us. We will be in contact with doctors, hospitals, witnesses, insurance providers, police, attorneys and anyone else necessary to settle your claim. We will thoroughly investigate your accident and will build a solid case so that you are more likely to be awarded additional compensation from insurance companies or other parties.
- You focus on you. Whether you are still recovering from injuries or are simply dealing with the stress and anxiety that is common following injuries and accidents in the workplace, now is the time to focus on your own needs while you leave the details of your case in the hands of experienced attorneys that will get the job done right.
- We work on a contingent fee basis. This means that you don’t need to lay out any money up front in order to have our injury attorneys work on your case. We don’t get paid unless we recover a financial settlement or jury award for you.
Common Legal Questions Regarding Workplace Injuries
Fortunately, our workplace accident attorneys will gladly answer any questions you may have, easing your fears and concerns. We offer free consultations during which you can receive the information and advice you need so you can get the compensation you deserve and move forward with your life.
Workplace Accidents and Injury Lawsuit Cases
There are a lot of factors to consider when hiring a lawyer. It might seem hard to narrow down the list of prospective Boca Raton lawyers. For South Florida employees who have sustained injuries in the workplace, it is important to bring a list of relevant questions with you when you go for your initial consultation with a Florida workplace injury lawyer.
In Florida, work injury claims for Florida workers’ comp must be reported no longer than 30 days after the accident or your claim may be denied. You should always report work accident injury claims as soon as possible to your supervisor and to the agency that regulates Florida workers’ comp so that you can get the help you need after being injured on the job.
To schedule your free consultation, call the Eltringham Law Group at 561-231-6308.