Copyright Ⓒ 2021 ELG. All Rights Reserved.Site By:
What to Do in the Event of Wrongful Death
Our experience has unfortunately made us painfully aware of how devastating it can be when a loved one dies due to a tragic negligent or reckless act. Wrongful death refers to the death of a person that is caused by the negligence, recklessness or the careless action of another person. If your loved one has died wrongfully, you may be entitled to compensation. The wrongful death lawyers of the Eltringham Law Group in Boca Raton have over 60 years of combined legal experience and knowledge to help those who have suffered from events caused by a wrongful death.
Florida law provides the Wrongful Death Act which allows spouses, children, parents and other relatives who may have been dependent on the deceased to file a wrongful death claim. The wrongful death attorneys at the Eltringham Law Group will work hard to pursue fair financial recovery for those whom have been affected. It is important to note that there is a two year statute of limitation for filing a wrongful death lawsuit in Florida, beginning at the time of a person’s death. This difficult process requires the supervision and expertise of an experienced Florida wrongful death attorney from the Eltringham Law Group who will walk you through every step of the process.
Wrongful Death Compensation
Wrongful death can be the result of motor vehicle accidents, defective products, medical malpractice or intentional torts, among other reasons. Whatever the cause of a loved one’s death, navigating a wrongful death lawsuit can be complex and wrought with emotion. It’s important to speak with the wrongful death attorneys at the Eltringham Law Group whom are experienced in handling these types of cases with a combination of tenacity and compassion. We understand what a difficult time this can be for you and your family. We are committed to doing all we can for you through this difficult time.
Financial compensation can be sought in the case of wrongful death to cover the following:
- Medical expenses of the deceased
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of financial support (current and future)
- Pension benefits
- Loss of companionship
- Pain and suffering
At the Eltringham Law Group, we offer free consultations, during which we will discuss the details of your case and advise you on the best way to proceed. We are compassionate about your situation and won’t take on a case unless we believe that we can deliver on our promise to get you the compensation you deserve. The last thing we want to do is to set you up for disappointment or make you go through the anguish of a lawsuit that you can’t win. If we believe you have a strong case, we will fight for your rights every step of the way. We don’t get paid until you get paid.
What to Expect in the Event of Wrongful Death
When you choose the Eltringham Law Group to represent you in a wrongful death case, here is what you can expect to happen:
- We offer free consultations so you can get all your questions answered and can spend time talking directly with an experienced attorney about your rights and expected outcomes.
- Leave all the work to us. We will be in contact with doctors, hospitals, witnesses, insurance providers, police, attorneys and anyone else necessary to settle your claim. We will thoroughly investigate exactly what happened and will build a solid case so that you are more likely to be awarded additional compensation from insurance companies or other parties.
- You focus on you. While you are grieving, or dealing with the stress and anxiety, now is the time to focus on your own needs while you leave the details of your case in the hands of experienced attorneys that will get the job done right.
- We work on a contingent fee basis. This means that you don’t need to lay out any money up front in order to have our attorneys work on your case. We don’t get paid unless we recover a financial settlement or jury award for you.