Products Causing Injury
What to Do if You Have Suffered Because of a Defective Product
When you purchase a product, you trust that it was manufactured and tested properly so that it is safe and reliable for use. Unfortunately thousands of people are injured every year from products that malfunction or have manufacturing defects. If you have suffered an injury or other damages due to a product you used, you may have grounds for a defective products or product liability claim. The product liability lawyers at the Eltringham Law Group in Boca Raton are experienced in defective product claims and can help you to assess your case.
Product liability is the assumption that manufacturers, designers and marketers are responsible for putting only safe and reliable products out into the consumer marketplace. When a product is defective or malfunctions, serious injury can occur leaving its user with endless medical bills and other damages. Our product liability attorneys will help you recover any financial and emotional losses that you incur due to the negligence of a manufacturer, designer and/or marketer.
Product liability claims and defective product claims are highly complex and best handled by Florida product liability lawyers like the Eltringham Law Group who are familiar with the complicated issues involved in these type of personal injury cases.
Examples of Defective Products and Injuries They can Cause:
- Airbag injuries that occur when an airbag inflates prematurely or fails to inflate; other automotive-related defects
- Injuries that occur when someone uses a defective power tool, lawn care product or any other consumer product
- Child injuries that are a result of a defective crib or other baby furniture or other dangerous baby or child products, including products made with lead and other known toxins
The Consumer Product Safety Commission constantly updates their list of products that have been recalled due to potential injury and liability. You can view their website here or follow the Eltringham Law Group on Facebook and Instagram or on our Blog as we are constantly keeping our clients and follower informed of recent recalls.
What you Should Know About Product Liability and Defective Product Cases:
- Even if your injury occurred in West Palm Beach, Florida, and the manufacturer of the product is located in China, you may still have rights to recovery.
- If you suffered airbag injuries because of an automotive design flaw, you may be able to hold the designer and manufacturer liable in a claim.
- The company that markets a defective or dangerous product can be held responsible if they failed to warn consumers of inherent dangers.
Our team of Florida product liability lawyers can address all of your most pressing questions and handle every aspect of your claim, including the important task of determining all viable avenues of liability.
What to Do if You Have Been Injured by a Defective or Malfunctioning Product
- Seek appropriate medical attention to care for your injuries. It is important that you address all injuries involved in the incident.
- Keep the product in whatever state it is in and/or take pictures. This is the most important piece of evidence.
- Document all injuries, damages to surrounding areas and take notes from any witnesses that may be present.
- Call the Eltringham Law Group and speak with our product liability and defective product attorneys at no cost, to evaluate how we may be able to help recover any financial and emotional losses that you may incur due to the incident.
What To Expect Following Your Injury From A Defective Product
When you choose the Eltringham Law Group to represent you following an accident involving a defective product that resulted in personal injury, property damage or death, here is what you can expect to happen:
- We offer free consultations so you can get all your questions answered and can spend time talking directly with an experienced attorney about your rights and expected outcomes.
- Leave all the work to us. We will be in contact with doctors, hospitals, witnesses, insurance providers, attorneys and anyone else necessary to settle your claim. We will thoroughly investigate your accident and will build a solid case so that you are more likely to be awarded additional compensation from insurance companies or other parties.
- You focus on you. Whether you are still recovering from injuries or are simply dealing with the stress and anxiety that is common following defective product incident, now is the time to focus on your own needs while you leave the details of your case in the hands of experienced attorneys that will get the job done right.
- We work on a contingent fee basis. This means that you don’t need to lay out any money up front in order to have our injury attorneys work on your case. We don’t get paid unless we recover a financial settlement or jury award for you.
To schedule your free consultation, or for more information about defective product claims, contact the Eltringham Law Group at 561-338-0420.
Common Legal Questions About Products Causing Injury
If you suffer any type of injury due to a product that you used, you may be able to recover financial compensation for your injuries. When you purchase a product, you trust that it was manufactured and tested properly so that it is safe and reliable for use. Unfortunately thousands of people are injured every year from products that malfunction or have manufacturing defects. If you have suffered an injury or other damages due to a product you used, you may have grounds for a defective products or product liability claim.
Besides the fact that you should be fairly compensated for any injuries or damages you have incurred because of a product failing to perform at the assumed level of safety, we believe there is an ethical obligation to bring attention to this issue. The company with the faulty product should be held responsible and required to make changes to the product to prevent anyone else from being injured.
Unfortunately, the list for defective product liability cases is truly endless. Most often, defective products are due to three different causes:
- Manufacture defect – a mistake in the manufacturing process before the point of purchase
- Defective designs – although properly manufactured, the original design was dangerous and can put an entire product line at fault, versus one specific product.
- Lack of adequate warnings or instructions – the company fails to warn the consumer of proper use and misuse of its products that are deemed dangerous and result in injury.
In our experience, we have seen the following situations far too many times:
- Gas grill lighters exploding
- Faulty break and airbag systems in automobiles
- Electronic device malfunctions that cause burns and lacerations
- Vape pen explosions from batteries
Liability for a product defect could fall on various levels of the product’s chain of distribution, including the product manufacturer and the manufacture of its component parts, the wholesaler and even the retail store at the consumer’s purchase. We know it can be overwhelming when determining liability, so our attorneys at Eltringham Law Group will handle this process for you.
Typically, lawsuits involving defective products must be filed within four years from the date of the incident. However, every situation is unique and may fall under a different statute. Therefore it’s best you speak with one of our experienced attorneys at Eltringham Law Group to determine your best course of action.
A product recall should not significantly affect your case as the recall itself acknowledges that there was a defect in design, manufacturing or other causes. Our attorneys have the experience to help you get compensation and justice you deserve, despite the recall on a product.