Being involved in an accident, no matter how small, can be traumatic. Most people are concerned about their wellbeing and the wellbeing of their passengers. They don’t think about what could occur in case of a crash. Unfortunately, there are long term consequences in the form of injuries, medical expenses, lifetime disabilities, and even loss of life. At Eltringham Law Group, we help clients navigate through this thorny path and get on the road to recovery, but we need your assistance on this journey. Here’s an Accident Checklist that can help you get the best results from your injury case:
The first step is to get information on all parties involved in the accident. Here’s a list of facts you need to collect:
- Get the full name and complete contact information, including the phone number.
- Ask for the insurance company’s name and policy number.
- Check the driver’s license and license plate number.
- Make a note of the model name, type, and color of the car involved.
- Ensure you know the precise location of the accident. You can mark it in software programs like Google Maps.
This information can be vital for the success of the case. It will help us collect evidence and witness’ statements to support your argument.
Get The Documents Related To The Accident
If you don’t need urgent medical attention, are waiting for medical help, or can move around, it is crucial to collect information at the scene. Here’s how you can document the accident:
- Collect the name and badge numbers from police officers present at the scene.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the officer.
- Write down the names and contact information of witnesses to the accident.
- Take clear pictures of the accident site, vehicle, your injuries, and the injuries of your passengers.
All of these are physical proof of the accident and will hold a lot of weight in court. We always encourage patients to focus on their health and wellbeing first before attempting to collect documentation. However, obtaining this valuable information will help your case.
If you want to know more about our services or want to hire a personal injury attorney, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Eltringham Law Group by calling 561 338 0420 or using our contact us form.