For many, there is nothing better than getting on a bike and hitting the long and open roads in West Palm Beach. However, this exhilarating ride can end in catastrophic consequences if the motorcyclist is involved in an accident. In fact, these types of crashes have been known to result in debilitating injuries, excruciating pain, and extensive medical expenses that can forever change a person’s life.
For these reasons, if you have been involved in a West Palm Beach motorcycle accident that was due to another person’s wrongful actions, you should reach out to an experienced accident attorney as soon as possible. Motorcycle accident lawyers in West Palm Beach are here and ready to fight on your behalf, go after the compensation you deserve, and leave you with the peace of mind that justice has been served.
Who is Responsible in a West Palm Beach Motorcycle Accident?
Motorcycle accidents can occur for many reasons in West Palm Beach. As a result, numerous parties can be held liable for these collisions, including:
- Negligent third-parties, such as other motorists, motorcyclists, or even pedestrians
- Motorcycle manufacturers or motorcycle part manufacturers
- Governmental agencies responsible for designing and maintaining the roads
That is why if you are having a hard time figuring out who was responsible for your West Palm Beach motorcycle accident, do not worry. Instead, reach out to a skilled West Palm Beach motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible. These attorneys can investigate your motorcycle accident, determine what happened, who was at fault for your crash, and ensure that they hold all those responsible for your collision accountable for the losses and injuries you sustained.
Types of Compensation You Can Pursue Following a West Palm Beach Motorcycle Accident
If you have been seriously injured in a West Palm Beach motorcycle collision, you may be entitled to certain types of monetary damages. In general, these damages will include both economic and non-economic damages, which refer to compensation for the following losses:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity
- Personal property damages, including replacement costs and repair expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium and companionship
- Loss of quality and enjoyment of life
- Disfigurement or scarring
However, because these damages include both easily quantifiable losses as well as rather subjective losses that are not easy to measure or prove, it is important to reach out to a West Palm Beach motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible after your motorcycle collision. These attorneys can help you determine which of these damages may apply to your case and help you prepare the strongest case possible to go after all the compensation you may be entitled to.
How Much Time Do You Have to Pursue Legal Action Following a West Palm Beach Motorcycle Collision?
According to Florida’s regulations, victims of West Palm Beach motorcycle accidents have four years from the date of their accident to file a lawsuit. This is the statute of limitations. As a result, if you don’t file suit within this allotted period of time, you may not be able to pursue compensation whatsoever.
Exceptions may apply to this rule that can impact this filing period by shortening or extending your time. For these reasons, it is in your best interest to reach out to a knowledgeable West Palm Beach motorcycle accident attorney as soon as you can. A West Palm Beach motorcycle accident lawyer can review your case and ensure all the necessary legal motions are filed with the court before your time expires.
How Can an Experienced West Palm Beach Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help You After Your Motorcycle Crash?
If you sustained severe injuries in a motorcycle accident in West Palm Beach, the situation may seem not only unbearable and overwhelming but leave you with questions about your future and the legal options you have. Fortunately, with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney in West Palm Beach, you will not have to deal with this challenging situation on your own. Rather, with these legal professionals fighting for your rights, you can focus on getting the medical care you require while these attorneys go after the justice and compensation you deserve.
Generally, when you work with this skilled legal team, they can:
- Determine whether you have a valid legal case and the legal options you should pursue.
- Answer all the questions you have regarding your case and the legal process involved.
- Investigate your motorcycle collision and secure the evidence needed to prove fault and damages.
- Hire experts, such as accident reconstructionists, financial specialists, and doctors, to substantiate your claim.
- Handle all the negotiations with the insurance company and the defense team and go after a fair settlement offer.
- Take your case to trial if the other side is not willing to negotiate fairly and work tirelessly to get you the successful resolution your case needs.
Get the Legal Help You Need with Eltringham Law Group
If a motorcycle accident in West Palm Beach disrupted your life or the life of a loved one, do not wait to get the legal assistance you need. Instead, reach out to Eltringham Law Group as soon as possible for a free case consultation and let our skilled motorcycle accident attorneys help you go after the financial recovery that you are entitled to.