What to Do if You Are a Victim of Sexual Assault
Eltringham Law Group in Boca Raton offers sexual assault legal services to individuals in Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach and West Palm Beach. Sexual assault and molestation put you and your family in an unimaginable position. It’s a deeply personal issue that demands justice, yet that justice is often served through a very public process. It’s difficult, stressful and scary. You don’t just need an sexual assault lawyer, you need someone with specific experience in the realm of sexual violence and a delicate understanding of the feelings of victims.
Sexual Assault Court Cases
At Eltringham Law Group, we understand the concerns held by sexual assault victims as they head toward court proceedings. Our work with both adults and children has helped us to develop a very specific knowledge of the unique pressures that come with working through sexual assault cases. Whatever questions or concerns you may have about the process, we’re here to help:
- How much of my information will be made public?
- What can my attorneys do to balance my right to privacy with my desire for legal redress and justice?
- What sort of legal liabilities do I face in regard to medical expenses?
- Am I going to get the best possible legal service for an issue that’s deeply important and personal?
- What are the various options available to me in terms of legal repercussions for the offender?
- What is the difference between criminal and civil court and why does it matter to me?
You Are Not Alone
We know that these are hard questions. We know that after an assault you can feel depressed and worried, and sometimes would prefer to avoid the issue than have to sit in a courtroom and stare down the offender. That’s why we offer a safe, supportive environment in which you can receive all the legal information you need from a staff with experience and passion.
What’s most important in this process is for you to remember that you are not alone. In Florida, nearly 42% of women have been made victims of some sort of sexual violence. However, only around 18% of rapes are ever reported—a staggering difference. At Eltringham Law Group, we know that the lack of reporting often comes as a result of the victim being unaware of the available legal options. We work hard to ensure you know exactly what you can do to find justice. We’re more than just an injury lawyer in Boca Raton—we’re a group of victims’ advocates willing to fight for your rights in the courtroom.
We’re not the type of law firm that takes any case we can find to make a quick buck. We carefully research every situation in order to be certain there’s a valid, legal case to be made before we agree to participate. This ensures that we can always deliver on our promises, and helps us maintain our reputation as one of the best law firms in the area. We’re not in this for the easy fix—we’re here to make an impact in our clients’ lives by giving them the results they deserve and ensuring they have a caring, knowledgeable advocate in the courtroom.
What to Expect When You Are a Victim of Sexual Assault
When you choose the Eltringham Law Group to represent you when you have been a victim of sexual assault, here is what you can expect to happen:
- We offer free consultations so you can get all your questions answered and can spend time talking directly with an experienced attorney about your rights and expected outcomes.
- Leave all the work to us. We will be in contact with doctors, hospitals, witnesses, police, attorneys and anyone else necessary to settle your case. We will thoroughly investigate, and build a solid case on your behalf.
- You focus on you. Whether you are recovering from injuries, seeking aid to process your trauma, or dealing with stress and anxiety, now is the time to focus on your own needs. Leave the details of your case in the hands of experienced attorneys that will get the job done right.
- We work on a contingent fee basis. This means that you don’t need to lay out any money up front in order to have our attorneys work on your case. We don’t get paid unless we recover a financial settlement or jury award for you.
If you’ve been made the victim of a sexual assault or molestation, remember that there are people willing to help; you do not have to go through the legal process on your own. We are here to make things better and easier. Call us today at 561‑338‑0420
Common Legal Questions Regarding Sexual Assault
Sexual assault is any kind of unwanted sexual activity. Sexual assault can happen to anyone, regardless of race or ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or ability. It can range from inappropriate touching to rape.
Sexual assault can take many forms, but some of the most common include:
- Rape or attempted rape
- Any type of sexual contact with someone who can’t consent (someone who is unconscious, intoxicated, underage or intellectually disabled.)
- Sexual contact with a child
- Fondling or unwanted touching even with clothing on
Sexual assault can also be visual or verbal. Any time a person is forced to have unwanted sexual attention or contact, it may be considered sexual assault. This may include:
- Sexual threats or harassment
It is impossible for us to guarantee any possible scenarios if your case proceeds to court. However, we can guarantee to that the team at Eltringham Law Group will treat you with compassion and respect throughout the entire process.