In order to protect yourself and your rights to compensation, the following are the steps you should take after a car accident:
- write down as much as you can about the accident (your injuries and the financial losses you’ve suffered, such as hospital bills, lost wages, etc.);
- document any and all conversations you have regarding the accident and your claim (especially conversations with insurance adjusters);
- preserve evidence (includes collecting physical evidence and taking photos of your injuries and the damage to your property);
- locate witnesses who can help strengthen your case;
- tell the liable party that you are planning to file a claim (especially if you plan to file a claim against a government entity); and
- get in touch with a personal injury attorney to determine if you have a claim and begin the filing process.
For comprehensive and compassionate legal representation following a motor vehicle crash in Florida, contact the Eltringham Law Group at 561-338-0420.