Boca Raton Car Accident Attorney
What to Do if You’re in a Car Accident in Boca Raton
When it comes to fighting for your rights following a car accident causing personal injury, property damage, impairment, or death, the Eltringham Law Group has the knowledge and experience to ensure you receive appropriate medical attention and compensation. Our personal injury attorneys are well-versed in laws related to automobile accidents in Florida, including laws affecting Florida auto accident claims.
There’s no need to suffer after a car accident in Boca Raton, Florida simply because you don’t have the right lawyer on your side. The specific statutory requirements of Florida no-fault law can make it difficult to recover damages from the at-fault driver following an accident. If you have sustained serious personal injury or permanent impairment, we can help you receive compensation beyond the medical payment coverage afforded under Personal Injury Protection (PIP), which does not cover future medical expenses and pain or suffering.
Contact the Eltringham Law Group at 561-338-0420 for experienced, compassionate and comprehensive representation so you can rest easy knowing that someone is fighting to get you the settlement you deserve.
What is PIP and Why Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
The state of Florida requires every registered owner of a motor vehicle to maintain personal injury protection coverage, also known as PIP. The maximum benefit payable under PIP is $10,000 less your deductible (if any). When an auto accident occurs, the PIP insurance is primarily used to cover your medical expenses for any physical injuries sustained in the accident, no matter who is at fault in the collision.
Unfortunately, PIP coverage is often grossly inadequate, even in cases of moderate injury, never mind cases involving severe personal injuries that can require expensive surgery or other costly medical intervention. In these situations, you always need a personal injury attorney willing to fight for your rights if necessary. The personal injury attorneys at Eltringham Law Group will never accept an inadequate amount for your case. We are always prepared to file a lawsuit and litigate your case in the courtroom if necessary in order to get you the justice you deserve. We will help you get your outstanding medical bills paid and collect all other compensation you are legally entitled to under Florida law from the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Other compensation can include future medical expenses, past and future lost wages or income, past and future pain & suffering damages, and even punitive damages in some cases.
Injury Types That May Require Additional Litigation Include:
Various Causes of Car Accidents:
What to Expect Following Your Auto Accident
Our experienced auto accident attorneys in Boca Raton can help you get the compensation needed put your life back together post an injury. We only work on a contingency fee basis which means you don’t have to pay unless you win.
When you choose the Eltringham Law Group to represent you following an auto accident involving personal injury, property damage or death, here is what you can expect to happen:
- We offer free consultations and virtual contact-free case reviews so you can get all your questions answered and can spend time talking directly with an experienced attorney about your rights and expected outcomes of the car accidents in Boca Raton, Florida.
- Leave all the work to us. We will be in contact with doctors, hospitals, witnesses, insurance providers, police, attorneys and anyone else necessary to settle your claim. We will thoroughly investigate your car accident and will build a solid case so that you are more likely to be awarded additional compensation from insurance companies or other parties.
- You focus on you. Whether you are still recovering from injuries or are simply dealing with the stress and anxiety that is common following auto accidents, now is the time to focus on your own needs while you leave the details of your case in the hands of experienced attorneys that will get the job done right.
- We work on a contingent fee basis. This means that you don’t need to lay out any money up front in order to have our injury attorneys work on your case. We don’t get paid unless we recover a financial settlement or jury award for you.
Facts About Car Accidents in Florida
Across the nation, it is estimated that someone is involved in a car accident every 10 seconds, with millions of people injured annually. Car accidents are one of the leading causes of personal injury and death in the state of Florida. In fact, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) named the stretch of I-95 that goes through Florida as the most deadly roadway in the country in 2010. According to the Traffic Crash Facts Annual Report, issued by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, there were 281,340 traffic crashes in Florida involving 468,470 drivers during 2012, the last year that statistics were reported. This amounts to an average of 770 crashes per day, a statistic that rose more than 23% over the previous year.
These motor vehicle accidents resulted in 198,032 reported injuries, as well as 2,430 fatalities. Additionally, 149,044 crashes resulted in property damage with no injuries. Among the more than quarter of a million crashes that occurred during the year, alcohol was suspected to have been involved in 17,258 crashes, with suspected drug-related crashes accounting for an additional 1,798. Inexperienced teen drivers were involved in 28,176 crashes, resulting in over 16,000 injuries and 125 deaths.
The statistics are eye-opening yet all it takes is one automobile accident – one that you or a loved one is involved in – to make an impact on your life.
Car Accident Legal Questions
If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident in Florida, you likely have many questions and concerns.
Law firms that specialize in auto accident lawsuits and claims can answer your questions and will be able to reduce the anxiety and stress that can arise after an ordeal such as a car crash, especially one involving serious personal injury. The key is to find an auto accident law firm in Boca Raton, Florida with experienced lawyers that you can trust and one that has experience in handling cases involving personal injury, property damage and death as a result of a motor vehicle crash.
In order to protect yourself and your rights to compensation, there are crucial steps to take immediately following the accident.
In order to protect yourself and your rights to compensation, there are crucial steps to take immediately following the accident. Click here to read more about what to do in the event of an auto accident.
Florida law requires that you seek medical attention within 14 days from the date of the accident – this includes weekends and holidays.
If you fail to comply with the Florida Law, you will lose 100% of your medical payment coverage under the Personal Injury Protection (PIP) portion of your automobile insurance policy. All auto insurance policies in the state of Florida include PIP, which covers a portion of your medical bills. However, this coverage is void if you do not seek medical attention within 14 days of your automobile accident.
Although many injuries and/or ailments that result from a car accident may not be noticeable immediately, it is highly recommended that you seek medical attention immediately and continue communication as other issues may arise. Even the most minor accidents can cause medical issues, days or even weeks after the auto accident.
When you have been involved in an auto accident, there are a few crucial actions you must take.
- Assess your injuries – are you seriously injured? Bleeding? And make sure that the other person is OK.
- Call the police to document the incident.
- Take photos of the scene including damages to both vehicles, license plate numbers and the surrounding environment.
- Do not speak to the other parties involved about the details of the accident – only to the police.
- Seek medical treatment within 14 days of your accident so you will retain your PIP benefits.
- Call us at 561-338-0420 for a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – also known as “No-Fault” car insurance, is mandated by the state of Florida for all drivers to carry. PIP pays up to $10,000 for injuries you sustain in an accident regardless of who was at-fault in the accident. Just like other states that mandate PIP however, Florida has its own set of special laws and regulations. It is imperative that you seek medical care within 14 days of your accident so that you can retain your PIP benefits.
After an auto accident, almost every injured person will require treatment that exceeds the $10,000 limit that PIP provides. Florida allows drivers to sue the insurance company of the at-fault party if the medical costs exceed $10,000. This is why it is very important for you to call a personal injury attorney that will explain your rights, as well as recover your expenses. You may also sue them for any emotional pain and suffering you think the injuries have caused you.
Contact Eltringham Law Group to learn more about personal injury coverage.
Contact Eltringham Law Group to learn more.
Florida PIP will cover medical expenses to anyone involved in the accident, despite who was at fault. However, once the insurance companies get involved, it becomes extremely complicated to determine who and what additional benefits can be provided to you. Therefore, you should call the attorneys at the Eltringham Law Group to discuss your case and determine your next steps to medical treatment.
When you are involved in an auto accident and a lawsuit is required to recover additional expenses, you will need to hire a personal injury attorney. Florida law mandates that every driver carry auto insurance. When you file a lawsuit due to an accident, you are not suing the other driver personally. The lawsuit to recover damages and expenses is against the insurance company of the person who is at fault.
Contact Eltringham Law Group to learn more.
All personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means the attorney only collects payment if you receive money in a judgment or settlement from your case. You owe nothing to the attorney unless you get paid. If and when you do receive a settlement or judgement, the attorney is paid a percentage that is agreed upon at the beginning of your case. If the attorney is unable to collect any additional settlements for you, you owe them nothing.
All AUTO ACCIDENT LAW FIRMS ARE NOT THE SAME
Don’t settle for a law firm that will just take your case with a promise to get you the “quick and easy” $10,000 minimum personal injury protection coverage required in Florida without doing all they can for you. If you have been injured in a car accident in Broward, Miami-Dade or West Palm Beach counties, or anywhere throughout the state of Florida, you deserve an attorney who will thoroughly investigate your case and will fight for your rights to get you the settlement you deserve.
Car accidents can happen to even the most vigilant drivers. A single moment of distraction or a reckless driver in that spot can lead to disaster. If you are involved in such an incident, you need an auto accident lawyer in Boca Raton. A legal expert will study your case, collect evidence, and prepare arguments to protect your interest. Whether you are liable or a victim, it is essential to have a lawyer in by your side. At Eltringham Law Group, we provide an expert attorney that can help you navigate this complicated situation.
Why Do You Need A Boca Raton Car Accident Attorney?
Many people hesitate to approach a car accident attorney because they believe their situation doesn’t warrant it. The first consultation is free, so there’s no reason why you can’t visit a qualified auto accident attorney in West Palm Beach before making a decision. Here’s a look at how we can help you:
- Working with Insurance Agencies – Most car owners have reasonable insurance
coverage and must deal with adjusters before getting compensation for the accident. Adjusters access the damage and determine the claim amount based on their findings.They will ask many questions to understand your situation, which can be a little
tricky. Insurance companies want to process claims quickly, but they are also going to collect evidence against you in case there’s a personal injury suit. It is best to have a lawyer present when you are discussing things with adjusters.
- Collecting Evidence – If you’re a victim of a car accident, it is essential to gather evidence to support the claim. A qualified Boca Raton car accident lawyer will collate medical reports, police incident reports, traffic camera footage, witness accounts, and other such pieces of evidence before building a case. Lawyers know where to look for evidence and how to prepare arguments based on them.
- Paperwork – You need to handle several formalities when you get into a car accident Boca Raton. Filing forms, filing court documents, requesting information, etc., can be a tedious and intimidating process. A lawyer can handle all of the paperwork on your behalf, giving you room to recover from the accident.
- Timing – Timing is everything when it comes to filing car accident cases. It would be best if you visited a doctor immediately after the accident and you have a 14-day window to be eligible for PIP insurance.You must file your case before the Statute of Limitations for the court to accept it. A car accident attorney in Boca Raton will collect evidence quickly and file all the paperwork on time. Evidence and witness testimonies can become unreliable as time passes by.
As an experienced auto accident attorney in Boca Raton, we know how to handle these cases and get clients the compensation they deserve.
If you want to know more about our car accident personal injury or need to book a consultation with a Boca Raton auto accident lawyer, get in touch with us at Eltringham Law Group today! Clients can call 561-338-0420 or use our contact us form.