Accidents can happen anywhere and often occur in stores and other places of business throughout Florida. You can slip on wet surfaces, fall or trip over holes not easily seen, or you can be the unfortunate victim of objects falling off of a store shelve. These common events sometimes result in serious injury, which can lead to a lengthy leave from work and the need for costly medical attention.
While most individuals may subsequently seek the counsel of a personal injury lawyer in Boca Raton , finding the right attorney or law firm to handle your premises liability claim isn’t as cut and dry as it may appear. In fact, there are many factors pertaining to your case that you will need to consider, including:
- Owner of the Premises – Sometimes, determining the owner/operator of a business premises can be quite simple. However, if the actual owner is absent, a premises liability case can become much more complicated.
- Reason for Presence –You must establish that you were legally entitled to be on the business premises at the time of your accident e.g., store customer, invited guest, or that your accident occurred at a place and time that the premises were open to the general public.
- Ability to Establish a Connection – There must be a clear connection between the negligence or wrongdoing of an owner/operator of the business premises and a plaintiff’s resultant injuries.
- Proven Dangerous Conditions – Your personal injury lawyer must establish that there was a dangerous or defective condition on the business premises that was not readily apparent or observable by you immediately prior to the accident.
- Notice of Dangerous Conditions – Your personal injury lawyer must also establish that the owner/operator of the business premises knew or reasonably should have known of the dangerous or defective condition prior to your accident but failed to take reasonable steps to correct or eliminate the problem.
What should I do if I believe that I have a premises liability claim?
If you have suffered an injury in accordance with the factors defined above, it is important that you contact a personal injury lawyer in Boca Raton to help process your premises liability claim and evaluate the details of your case. The proper slip and fall attorney will be able thoroughly evaluate your claim and determine whether or not you may be entitled to compensation.
Contacting a Personal Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton
When your daily life is interrupted by a debilitating accident as a result of owner negligence, there are bound to be numerous physical, emotional, and mental repercussions. Our skilled lawyers at the Eltringham Law Group can help guide you through your premises liability claim, ensuring that you are awarded the compensation that you deserve. Our law offices assist clients in multiple areas throughout South Florida. To schedule a free consultation, contact us at 561.338.0420 or visit www.eltlaw.com .