As any Boca Raton lawyer will confirm, filing a Florida workers’ comp claim and reaching a fair settlement isn’t always a simple or easy process. Navigating Florida workers’ comp laws and obtaining all the benefits you’re entitled to can be tricky and seem somewhat daunting.
When you’re in the middle of learning about how to hire a lawyer and how an attorney may be able to benefit your case, it’s important not to rush into any settlement offer your employer or the insurance company may put on the table. You’ll want to first run it by your Boca Raton lawyer to make sure it’s a solid offer.
A Florida workers’ comp lawyer can be a tremendous asset to your case and offer support in a number of ways, such as:
- ensuring you adhere to Florida’s statute of limitations;
- helping you document your injuries;
- advising you on all of your legal rights and responsibilities;
- ensuring that all paperwork is filed with the appropriate agency (i.e., the Workers’ Compensation Division on South Dixie Hwy);
- securing temporary disability for you until your settlement is finalized;
- ensuring your medical needs are tended to;
- fighting to avoid early termination of your benefits;
- dealing with any issues that arise with the insurance companies; and
- filing an appeal if necessary.
Before moving forward with your claim, take a moment to learn about how to hire a lawyer so that you can find most suitable Boca Raton workplace injury lawyer for your case.
Contacting a Boca Raton, Florida Workers’ Comp Lawyer
Enlisting in the help of a Florida worker’s comp lawyer will help you obtain a better settlement and greater peace of mind. When a workplace injury in Boca Raton leads to serious injury, you may be faced with a long road to recovery, pain and suffering, lost wages and high medical bills. A Florida personal injury attorney from Eltringham Law Group — based in Boca Raton, Florida — can help you to pick up the pieces after a devastating accident or assault. Our law offices help clients throughout South Florida. For a FREE consultation contact us today – 561-338-0420.